Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
TravelocityUS$127
AlgotelsUS$173
HamptonUS$127
1,090 results
All reviews hyde park room was clean hot tub staff was friendly business center waffles convenient location the breakfast area complimentary breakfast marist college fitness center inns refrigerator sink desk hudson chain
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2020

I chose the hotel because of its Hilton affiliation and the proximity to Vassar hospital. It exceeded my expectations. I’d definitely stay here again when in the area, though I am not hoping for my sister to need hospitalization, which was the reason I was in Poughkeepsie.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JacobGutkowski, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel! We our sorry to hear the reason for your visit and we hope everything will be ok. We are also glad you enjoyed your stay here with us in Poughkeepsie. We hope you decide to stay with us again at your own leisure.

Reviewed 25 December 2019

Stay was overall great, my daughter enjoyed the pool and hot tub, customer service was great, I would definitely, stay here again. The rates were great , however I wish the 2 rooms that we booked were next to each other, however, it still was a great stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JacobGutkowski, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2019

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 December 2019

The breaker for the whirlpool kept going out and when I kept calling the service desk it took a half hour just for them to switch the breaker so it ruined my whole romantic night I had planned. They could have switched my room at least.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JacobGutkowski, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2019

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel. We apologize you were having issues with your whirlpool tub during your stay. Normally the circuit breaker would fix the issue so this is something we will need to look into further to make sure this does not happen again. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Hudson Valley area!

Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

Like the large studio layout. Clean room and furnishing. Has fitted non-tile bathtub with decent size sink counter and study table as a divider. Warm water in decent size pool with ample towels. Nice jacuzzi! Ok gym.

Cons: horrible breakfast that ran out before time was up. Eggs were tasteless (clumped with inseparable cheese, served straight from freezer) compared to similar chains of equal class with sausage tasting like dried jerky puck. Ran out of oatmeal, so couldn’t eat any.
No USB outlets in the room. No utensils nor have plates/cups in the kitchenette within the Studio, unlike other chained hotels in nearby Suite hotels, making it hard to take advantage of the sink and microwave/refrigerator. The springs in the sofa bed was shot, making it uncomfortable to sleep. No clock hung in pool area which made it hard to know the time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EY_GlobeTrekker
JacobGutkowski, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2019

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite and got to take advantage of our pool area! I apologize you did not like our complimentary breakfast. We are currently installing USB ports in all of our guest rooms on the night stands, we are aware that not all of our rooms are completed. I think a clock in the pool area is a great idea! Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Rooms old, spartan, with loose tiles on the floor. First room was horrible! They moved us to a suite, which was marginally better - marginally. Bathroom tiles loose in both. Not all holes in the wall had face plates. Uninterested staff. The store was bare, with few choices or amenities. The many empty shelves were dusty! Ouch! Won’t be back. Far below any Hampton Inn where we have ever stayed!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Scott K
JacobGutkowski, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2019

Thank you for your time in filling out a survey on your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any and all comments and concerns regarding guest experiences. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have passed along the information you provided to the correct departments to have these issues fixed as soon as possible. Thank you again.