“Really, really good food.”

P.C.'s Paddock Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 288 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Price range: US$18 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a local spot that for years I'd pass. I'm glad a friend got me there for drinks one day and I tried the wings, because now it's becoming a favorite. I not only really, really enjoy their wings (Honey Hoisin & Asian Cowboy Smoked are my fav's), I can always seem to find something on the menu that hits the spot perfectly. I tend to stick with the Poor Boys (after all, I'm also eating wings), and have not had one bad experience (eaten there approx. 7X). Everything has always been cooked well, and importantly, with taste/flavor. I find them so good it unfortunately keeps me away from the other items on the menu. I am looking forward to trying. The staff always seem friendly. Also, something that I personally like, they don't bother you too much, but are close by if you need them. Which is great. The interior is nice, quaint. Homey kind of charm. I definitely recommend to try this place. And I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I would describe it maybe as really good comfort food, which will have you going back. Like it has me. Just wished I stopped in there sooner....

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

The food is great here and I especially recommend a burger or French onion soup. The wings are the best I have ever had and that says a lot. Artichoke dip is another great thing. Went there twice on my week with family. Just a great place and family owned.

Paddockdawn, Owner at P.C.'s Paddock Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you so much for dining here and we are so glad that you loved the food and service. We look forward to you coming back!!!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We were in Poughkeepsie to visit family in November and had heard about this restaurant on the "best of" list... so we decided to check it out. BIG EXPENSIVE MISTAKE!!! We were a party of four. We were "greeted" at the door by a very grumpy woman... whom we found out as we were leaving that she was "the owner". Boy would I LOVE to have known that sooner... if so.. we would have turned right around and left!! She did not seem to care that we were there for dinner, the locals at the bar were more important. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE!! Apparently the chef was sitting at the bar watching "the game" as well!! We could hear the locals tell him to head back to the kitchen when our order was placed. We were seated by our server, I think she said her name was Kate. She was probably the only positive to the whole experience and the complete opposite to the grump at the door. She was THE reason we stayed. We ordered our food and since there was only one other table occupied, we assumed our food would come out "hot and fresh"!! I ordered fish and it was flavorless and just "so so". Considering the price.. it should have been cooked to perfection and it was not. It was dry and over cooked. It came with risotto which was bland but piping hot. Call me a fool for assuming I would actually be able to SEE the asparagus in it... but no such luck. The salad had mostly greens and not much else. Maybe one tiny cucumber and one cherry tomato?? The salad dressing was just "ok".. and tasted like bottled dressing. Unfortunately two of my my companions ordered the pork dish. It looked like it had been sitting all day "keeping warm". Most of it was hard and inedible.. when a gentleman in a t-shirt AND SHORTS .. came into the dining room to ask "how things were" we had no idea he was one of the owners as well until a regular at the bar referred to him as such on our way out. Despite his "question".. he didnt stick around long enough for us to even ANSWER!!. Why ask unless you ACTUALLY CARE?? It seemed the game and the bar friends were more important. My third companion ordered the lobster ravioli. The raviolis were cold in the center. :(
In hind sight... we should have "felt the vibe" from the grump at the door and not bothered to stay... there are so many wonderful culinary level restaurants in the Poughkeepsie area.. this place was definitly NOT worth the $150 price tag. If the "managment" care enough to read this.... I certainly hope you appreciate the value of your server Kate, as she was the ONLY reason we gave this place our business. We wont ever go back. What a shame... an expensive shame!!

Paddockdawn, Owner at P.C.'s Paddock Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

I am sorry for your disappointment on your visit here to our restaurant.
What I find funny is that you were here a month ago and just posted a review yesterday.
Also, if you were that unhappy with your meal or experience, why wasn't it brought to our attention that night rather than wait a month to post such a ridiculous negative review.
Not a word was said by the waitress that you had any issue so I find it funny you wait this long to voice your opinion.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Had dinner with a group at PC's. Been here before, have been generally pleased. Last night ordered ribeye steak- big mistake! Toughest ribeye I have had. Service good, ambiance good, steak bad. Good draft beer selection. Prices a bit steep. Will get burger next time, they looked good.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We first ate here after a new local restaurant cancelled our reservations last minute and we were so happy they did. Our party of 5 was well attended to and really enjoyed the delicious appetizers. The burgers were huge and mouth watering delicious-all meat was perfectly cooked as requested. The owners who are so sweet took the time to introduce themselves and ask us if we were enjoying our food. The head chefs are passionate about making the freshest and best food available to the hudson valley. We have been back many times since. The atmosphere is inviting and feels like an extension of our home.

1  Thank EJ0830