“Great View of the Hudson River”

River Station Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 301 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We (two couples) decided to give this place a try again since we heard in was under new management. After a lovely walk on the Walkway we headed over to River Station. Many items to pick through but we were all in the mood for burgers. They were cooked to perfection and delicious. The view was spectacular and we all enjoyed our meals. Waitress was not up to par, but we enjoyed the meal anyway.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Greeted at the door by the manager and offered a selection of soups and stews set the pace for the great service at this pub-style restaurant overlooking the Hudson River. Excellent raw bar and appetizers on the deck before heading to the Walkway.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Used to be a regular at River Station, but apparently new ownership and we got treated horribly. Went back last week for lunch only because a friend wanted to go. We ordered burgers which were delicious and cooked exactly the way we ordered them. Server was only fair, a bit ditsy and very slow. Even at high noon, you may need a flashlight to see the menu. Note: service wasn't "poor" as indicated below, but definitely was below average.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

First time here. Nice deck and good service. Place was not crowded, it is clean and quiet. RR's are tiny! Chowder samples made you want more, I had the chicken mushroom Brie very tasty. We tried the flight sampler.

The beef smothered in onions was very tasty. Portions are large but not huge. I got a loaded baked potato that was very good, especially the skin that was crisp an not wrapped in foil!

Wife got salmon BLT with sweet potato fries, good portion and able to finish. No room for desert but I did get a good Bahamian coffee, (Malibu) rum served in a big mug with real whipped cream.

Place is good value not cheep but not overpriced for the quality. Overall satisfied.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We happened to try this restaurant today before doing the Walk Across the Hudson. Since it was a beautiful day, we were able to sit outside which provided a great view of the river and the waterfront. When we walked in, we were invited to sample one of their many soups. My husband and I both tried the New England Clam Chowder which was nicely seasoned but a bit too creamy and rich for my tastes. On Mondays all burgers are 50% off so needless to say, we both ordered a burger. Mine was delicious (the bacon could have been cooked a wee bit longer). The waitress omitted to mention that my sweet potato fries were an additional $1.50 which I found annoying but she did apologize when I mentioned about the extra charge on the bill (she did not offer to remove it). I would come back to this restaurant if we are in the area again.