Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$149
Expedia.comUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
TravelocityUS$149
PricelineUS$149
Vio.comUS$149
All reviews one bedroom suite front desk business trip the sofa bed free breakfast bagels english muffin ibm refrigerator proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2022

We chose the hotel for the third time. My husband attended a seminar at IBM and the short distance is one of the points we always value. There are other advantages that made us choose this hotel and this time they were no longer offered. Breakfast used to be very complete and are no longer complete, for example they do not offer fruit.
Another of the services that we valued when I stayed alone in the hotel while my husband studied was a courtesy car that on some occasions brought me to the shopping mail. That service is no longer available,
The room was not cleaned in the 5 nights of stay. If we needed to change towels we had to go to reception to ask for them and instead of giving a complete set, they skimped asking how many we needed.
They used to have a social reception 3 days a week in the afternoon with drinks and food and they are no longer doing it....They have enough space to do it outside or place drinks and packaged food or burgers cooked outside as they did a few years ago
Our perception is that in the name of COVID, economic cuts are being made. In other Marriott hotels where we have been staying a few days later we had full breakfast, daily cleaning of the room and excellent quality of service.
Next time we will choose the recently opened Homewood Suites hotel that has the advantage of proximity to IBM

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jose Javier, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Dear Gaby D,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the leadership team to ensure the necessary guidelines are reviewed to help us improve moving forward. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 18 January 2022 via mobile

My son and I stayed one night in a one bedroom suite while in town to tour Vassar. The hotel’s location and nearby amenities (we walked to a very decent sushi dinner) was great. Other than that, the hotel was really loud - lots of screaming in the hallways until late at night, the people staying in the room on the other side of my head had their alarm going at 6 am for almost an hour and it might as well have been in my room. Walls don’t appear to have any sound mitigation at all. The sofa bed (where my son slept) was too uncomfortable as a bed (and the thin mattress was stained/dirty with no mattress cover) so he re-folded it into a couch. Needless to say we didn’t get much sleep. Wish I had better things to say. It’s also awkward to have to go through the bedroom to get to the one bathroom. We’ve stayed at many Residence Inns and not had this experience.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jose Javier, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2022

Dear jgjohns-arch,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We have shared this to our leadership team to ensure that the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring in the future. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

Reviewed 20 July 2021

came for a weekend to get out of nyc and used the hotel as a base to explore the hudson valley

hotel was reasonable priced and having a full bedroom suite with a kitchen just feel luxurious.

i didnt expect to spend so much time in Poughkeepsie but i did they took an old bridge that crossed the hudson and turned it into a park great views good exercise i found quaint restaurants, bbq, diners. visitied FDR's home. who knew that there was so much to do.

no breakfast is served yet but they did provide take away option that was pretty good

i chose this hotel for the price, but found the rooms nicely renovated, the surrounding area al a pleasant surprise

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank loveroftravel30
Reviewed 5 July 2021

The room was so dirty. I visited with my very pregnant wife, 5 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter. We arrived late and didn't feel like dealing with it until morning. I made the front desk aware of the situation (carpets, sheets, bathroom floor tubs toilets and sinks were covered in head hair and pubic hair)! I was promised that the 2 bedroom suite would be cleaned when we got back later that day. They did come in and make our beds but that was it. I knew that because the sheets still had the same blood spots on then and we used a lint roller on the floor. We were so grossed out and told our kids not to take their shoes off and definitely not to play on the floor. I asked the front desk to come clean and they said that due to covid we'd have to leave the room (kinda crazy because you'd think the rooms would be exceptionally clean due to covid). It was 830 pm so I ended up begging the front desk for new sheets and a vacuum.
They need up taking $100 off of out bill but honestly I believe we should have been refunded the $600 and compensated more than that.
I used to live up that way and have stayed in the fishkill and poughkeepsie properties many times.
I must say things have definitely changed and it was probably the 2nd worse place we've ever stayed. The worst place only beats it because there was a hypodermic needle under the bed.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Seif Fakhoury, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2021

Hello J4388XFglenni-

Thank you for providing us your feedback from your stay in April 2021. We apologize for the inconveniences mentioned and have since taken appropriate action and have provided further training for our incredibly hard-working team.

Reviewed 8 June 2021

Let's start by saying I checked in what's my two children are two year old and a eight-year-old also had a friend with me and her teenage daughter what a nightmare we checked in at check-in time young lady by the name of Jennifer check this in if it wasn't for Jennifer I think the experience would have been horrible more than it already had gotten once we got there not to mention it was 90 over 90 degrees outside we got there check in with Jennifer Jennifer gave it to her room we went to check into our room which was a king-size room paid over 300 for it checked into the first room it was dirty filthy the bed was in May that was bottles food smell it was a nightmare run back to the front desk Jennifer gave us another room room 113 Brown floor checked in the room 1 through 18 we were there for a wedding and a reception in the Poughkeepsie area along with these kids we went to the wedding went to the reception before we left the room he left the AC running came back to the room after our family gathering and it said it was 80 degrees in a room went to the front desk the pool was closed pool has been closed since covid-19 and it still has the young lady at the desk was not Jennifer anymore it was a young man we complained about the AC he said it wasn't much he could do I didn't return our money to us which meant $100 subtracted from the 300 it wasn't about the money it was more about the fact that I wasn't comfortable not to mention the room wasn't covid ready as of being clean could have could have been better it was a stain in the hallway when we best thing was there the next day when we checked out around 11:30 12 ish if not before I'm sure we checked out earlier than that cuz it was too hot in our room to even being there the kids are complaining voice again no pool grab-and-go breakfast still this wasn't a good experience I do want to say thank you to Jennifer and also Ally I think the hotel should be grateful for those two gals cuz if it wasn't for them my experience like I said would have been more awful than it already had gotten once we pulled in the driveway and got to the first room that was not ready along with the stains in the hallway on the floor the stain is probably there still that's all just saying not much to see in Poughkeepsie so it would be nice if they was to be nice to keep the hotels comfortable when people leave their homes to come and relax I'm sure others would say that it they had a really great stay there but I doubt it dogs barking Lobby coffee not up to par have no choice because the coffee pot in the room negative bad experience will never do it again good luck to all of those that do have a great experience

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexandra Gunn, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Hello Tomeicoh,

Thank you for providing your honest opinion, we're sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I will ensure the appropriate teams are made aware to prevent these issues from occurring again in the future. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Allie Gunn