“Experience Vassar!”

Vassar Alumnae House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Poughkeepsie
Vassar Alumnae House
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My daughter and I did a college tour stop at Vassar (fabulous place) and, after consulting tripadvisor, booked a room at the Alumnae House. What a delight! This is NOT a hotel, so don't expect that. It was a very well priced; our room large, two queen beds and very comfortable. Breakfast is included at a choice of two cafes about a 2 minute walk away. One tripadvisor reviewer complained mildly that the furnishings were somewhat random and castoffs from Vassar alums. My take is that the furnishings & the non"standardness" of the decor were key to its charm and comfort. Staying at Alumnae House gives one a taste of Vassar, and of a former era. Loved it in every way!

Room Tip: There is not "service" at Alumnae House in the way that there is (or should be) at a hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Virginia54

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed here for a nearby wedding. Loved the common library. Good coffee down the hall. Bathroom needs soap dishes near sink and in shower. Nice short walk to local coffee shop for breakfast (included). Vassar campus is down the road a bit. Had a walk in closet with two double beds for four of us. Worked out fine. Wireless worked fine. If you have time, visit the art museum on campus - amazing!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Beautiful historic building on the hill overlooking Vassar College. Well furnished rooms with great common rooms. My daughter and I easily shared a queen sized bed in a room with a bathroom.The rate includes breakfast at one of two restaurants a few steps away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank oldermomma
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We stayed here the night before a college tour. It was the perfect place for this. It is a historic building and I was able to get two very small dorm like rooms for my teenager and myself. There was a bathroom in the hall. Given a week of traveling and sharing hotel rooms this was a welcome and economical way to get some privacy. The rooms have single beds pushed against the wall and, while quite small, at $89/night each (including breakfast down the street) they were just what I expected. If I were visiting Vassar, I would definately stay here again. Given that the other choices in Poughkeepsie are pretty pedestrian, I thought this was a find. It was clean, well-appointed and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 05NW
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Somehow, this place is almost always full. I'm not really a fan because everything in the hotel has been donated from Vassar graduates... so the furniture in the rooms is mismatched. And not the most comfortable. I recall the elevator either not working or not accessible to the part of the building we were living in. We had really heavy bags so that was a bummer! I guess if you're into that spend more money to go to a quaint place rather than Hampton Inn or Courtyard then sure...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family