All reviews outdoor pool cinnamon rolls front desk pancake machine room was clean two nights shuttle service train station king room great place to stay staff was friendly bagels free breakfast culinary institute of america sofa bed convenient location hyde park
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Nothing to get excited about, either in a positive or negative sense. If you need a reliable, reasonably priced hotel in Poughkeepsie, look no further. Take care on Rte 9 finding access to the hotel - road signage in this town leave a lot to be desired. No adjacent restaurants.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pgwill
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Hello -
Thank you for staying with us. I agree, sometimes the roads and signage in the area can be confusing and turns are easy to miss. Our goal is to give you a great stay and keep you coming back so please, I invite you to email me with your insights we can make a memorable stay for our guests. My email is eja.hiexpress@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in June 2011. A large group of us stayed here for a wedding, and the hotel was the perfect place for us to stay! Very nice and clean rooms, and the price was very good. The complimentary breakfast was by far the best free breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. Hot foods, eggs, sausage, cinnamon buns, and a whole lot more - all for free! Friendly staff and a pool made the trip even better. My only complaint is the pool hours are 10 am to 8 pm - then the gate is locked. We wanted to go for an early morning swim, and were told that we couldn't. But that did not lower my impression of this hotel. Strongly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank njdc5

Hello -
Thanks for staying with us! I love those cinnamon buns too! When I walk in every morning I smell them and think - okay - hot cinnamon bun or my protein bar?? It's an easy decision - my protein bar is still in my desk drawer :)

I'm sorry you couldn't get in for an early morning swim - we are bound by certain regulations and guidelines - but i'm glad you had a great stay nonetheless.

Come back and see us!

Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed here two nights for the Vassar graduation and found it to be a very pleasant hotel. Our king room was large, with a separate seating area, and because I'd asked for a quiet room, ours was on the top floor facing into the woods behind the hotel. Very comfortable bed,. A microwave and minifridge that was very welcome. We'd just stayed in HIEs in England and expecting the same, but this hotel was luxurious in comparison: free use of laundry room, free wireless, quite adequate breakfast, good range of cable stations on the TV, anda much more spacious room with good lighting. We had friends staying at the same hotel, and all of us felt quite satisfied with the accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank triptravelBerkeley

Hello -
Thank you for your great review! I'm so glad you're very happy with your stay! Graduation time can be very busy so it's nice to be able to relax in peace and quiet. If you do get back to the Poughkeepsie area we'd love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stay in the Hyde Park/Poughkeepsie area for one week every year to attend boot camp at the Culinary Institute of America. We've stayed at the Hampton Inn, Residence Inn, and Courtyard in Poughkeepsie. The Holiday Inn Express is much cleaner and more customer friendly than the others. The rooms are well appointed with flat screen TV, desk, and wireless internet. The breakfast is hot, quick, and free. The breakfast attendant did a wonderful job of keeping the tables clean and the food bar well stocked. There is a free shuttle to the CIA and the driver is also the maintenance manager. He knows the area very well and is very enthusiastic and friendly. The housekeeping staff is quick, thorough and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank OCC04

Hello -
Thank you for staying with us when you were here for boot-camp. That can be an intense time at the Culinary Institute of America so I admire anyone who takes those courses! I'm glad you had a refreshing stay here also! Definitely stay with us again when you return back to the CIA!

Reviewed 20 March 2011

We had a birthday party at the Culinary Institute (CIA) and chose this hotel because it has a free shuttle service to the Culinary Institute. It allowed both my husband and myself to have a cocktail prior to dinner and a glass of wine with dinner and not have to worry about driving back to the hotel. The shuttle ride itself was only about 10 minutes to the CIA. We had the maitre d' phone the hotel for the shuttle while we retrieved our coats. We said our good byes to family and found the driver waiting for us shortly after we called (which was good because it was raining and cold).
The hotel was very clean. The Saturday staff was very helpful telling us about places to visit in the area and suggested a walk for us. Sunday morning person was friendly but was not as invested in our experience at the hotel not to say she was bad but just not as engaged as the stellar Sat. eve staff (the Saturday evening staff would look up information for us - not so with this person).
The bed was comfy and the room was clean. We will return.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Hello -
I'm glad you had a great experience at the Culinary and especially to celebrate a special occassion i'm sure made it that much more special! Also, i'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and found our people helpful to you. Thanks for the tip for our morning people - we all appreciate you being here and it's always good to know areas where we can focus on to make your stay even better! I appreciate it!

Thank you and see you soon!