...I'm gonna sing the praises of this motel while I'm still here!
We're in Room 306, over-looking the pool. I took some pictures, which I'll submit when I write an addendum to this review, to show the proof. We have two double beds, a comfortable stuffed-chair and ottoman, a desk w/desk-chair, a 42" flat-screen TV w/HBO, and a good-sized refrigerator w/microwave on a nice wooden cabinet-stand.
The bathroom is very nice and the air-conditioner keeps the temperature at our desired comfort-level automatically without a hitch. The beds are very comfortable and the rug seems to be new (at least it feels new under bare-feet)
The service is excellent and the staff very friendly, and now for the most-pleasant surprise: they list a "continental breakfast" but what they provide goes WAY beyond any bagel-and-coffee fare I have ever been served.
Are there any shortcomings? Well, how about this: When I reached for the quality-wooden-end-table, to move it over to where I could set the laptop on it to watch a DVD we'd rented, my hand touched a foreign object. It seems someone had stuck a wad of chewing-gum on the underside of the table-top! I got a napkin and coaxed the mass off the wood and threw it in the trash.
I seems to me that this is the Catch-22 that motel operators face: Trying to provide a clean environment where travelers can lay their heads down for a good night's sleep when so many of those very travelers seem to have an irresistible urge to be on their WORST behavior when they stay in an hotel room! But, I digress...
Simply put, when visiting the Hudson Valley, stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie is a newly renovated hotel, located in the heart of the Hudson Valley. The upgrades have been specifically designed for the modern day traveler and family who need modern efficiency without sacrificing comfort. As always you can enjoy our complimentary, deluxe hot breakfast in the newly renovated Great Room. Connect with family and friends or get all of your important work done without any hassle by using the complimentary, high-speed wireless Internet. Enjoy your daily workout routine with new Lifefitness equipment in the 24 hour fitness center. Guests can enjoy the new features in the rooms such as: 6 USB ports to charge all your devices, new 50 inch flat screen television, and furniture designed for the modern day traveler. Each room has a refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine. As always the plush bedding will ensure you get a rejuvenating night’s sleep. Guests visiting the area for business or pleasure can enjoy the convenience to the popular destinations such as the Culinary Institute of America, IBM, Vassar College, Marist College, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center. While visiting the scenic Hudson Valley, guests should make plans to see sights like the Walkway Over the Hudson, Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center and the Samuel L. Morse home at Locust Grove. Enjoy live entertainment at The Bardavon Opera House, Chance Theatre, and Mid-Hudson Civic Center, located only minutes from the hotel. The hotel is also a great location when venturing out to Historic Hyde Park and Rhinebeck which host the Franklin D. Roosevelt Home & Library, Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt Park, and Dutchess County Fairgrounds. Enjoy the convenience by taking the Metro North Train into Grand Central Station in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Holiday Inn Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Holiday Inn Express