As a GM of another hotel- I can tell you that this place is run extremely well. The room is truly clean (I mean it passed the under the rim toilet test and the high dusting test). They have a wonderful breakfast which is left out pretty late (after 10am you can still get it). They have a wonderful staff- we came in on a bus and we were in our rooms within 10 minutes- KUDDOS!- I saw a gentleman picking up trash in the parking lot two days in a row :-) I saw the housekeeping staff communicating extremely professionally about another guest who brought a problem with their bill to the hskp attention- The hskp staff followed through the entire way- The Sales Manager was seen behind the desk and assisting staff & guests----GREAT JOB----FYI- I only rate hotels 5 stars if I have a "WOW" experience- This hotel comes in at a 4.5 just in operations alone. I did not have enough interaction with the staff to give a 5. Good job GM- pat yourself on the back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie is a newly renovated hotel, located in the heart of the Hudson Valley. The upgrades have been specifically designed for the modern day traveler and family who need modern efficiency without sacrificing comfort. As always you can enjoy our complimentary, deluxe hot breakfast in the newly renovated Great Room. Connect with family and friends or get all of your important work done without any hassle by using the complimentary, high-speed wireless Internet. Enjoy your daily workout routine with new Lifefitness equipment in the 24 hour fitness center. Guests can enjoy the new features in the rooms such as: 6 USB ports to charge all your devices, new 50 inch flat screen television, and furniture designed for the modern day traveler. Each room has a refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine. As always the plush bedding will ensure you get a rejuvenating night’s sleep. Guests visiting the area for business or pleasure can enjoy the convenience to the popular destinations such as the Culinary Institute of America, IBM, Vassar College, Marist College, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center. While visiting the scenic Hudson Valley, guests should make plans to see sights like the Walkway Over the Hudson, Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center and the Samuel L. Morse home at Locust Grove. Enjoy live entertainment at The Bardavon Opera House, Chance Theatre, and Mid-Hudson Civic Center, located only minutes from the hotel. The hotel is also a great location when venturing out to Historic Hyde Park and Rhinebeck which host the Franklin D. Roosevelt Home & Library, Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt Park, and Dutchess County Fairgrounds. Enjoy the convenience by taking the Metro North Train into Grand Central Station in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Holiday Inn Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Holiday Inn Express