“Very good meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Appetizer portions were huge so I recommend sharing. White sangria very good. Large menu with many options. My sister said the gluten free pizza was the best crust she’s had. Dinner portions very big too. Most of our party took food home.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Service was quick food was good portions were generous ..parking available wine was very good
Ambiance was also good

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Cosimo’s is a very nice trattoria. It’s very modern and well-built. We sat at the open table and the people next to us were locals, which proved this place was well recommended. Our server was very absent and hardly showed up to ask us how we enjoyed everything. When one member of our party had complaints and asked for a salad to be returned, he didn’t ask what was wrong, which to me, showed he didn’t care. As for the Italian food, it’s very good and well prepared. They tended to overdress the meals in my opinion but that might be my opinion. This is a very nice place and I would recommend to come here in Poughkeepsie

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stopped here on our way to a FDR house tour. What a fabulous meal! I had the bacon, lettuce, tomato and turkey sandwich. It was delicious! The jalapeno bacon had a nice little kick, and the fries with Parmesan cheese were a nice change from the usual. Looking around at the other tables and all the fabulous food that was served to others as well, I will definitely return to this restaurant when in the area. Our server was wonderful!!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We have been to Cosimo's many times over the years, but during our last few visits, we have definitely noticed subtle changes for the better that have turned what used to be an average chain-like restaurant into an excellent choice for casual Italian food that emphasizes local produce from the Hudson Valley.

The moderately priced wine list covers the basics with most choices priced at $8 a glass/$32 per bottle. The beer selection is the standard stuff that the large, mass-market brewers from Missouri and Colorado like to call "beer" with a couple of local brews on tap, which are by far the better choice.

The waitstaff and bartenders are very professional and friendly, and unlike a lot of other places in the Hudson Valley, they seem to enjoy interacting with the customers.

We look forward to our next visit.