“Unassuming but really good food and service”
Review of Thai Orchid's

Thai Orchid's
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #29 of 57 Restaurants in Rensselaer
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Upon arrival my free appetizer was a tasty spring roll, hot and tasty.

Although the internet indicated there would be a one hour break between lunch and dinner I was greeted with great hospitality.

I was deciding between the Pad See Ew and the myriad curries. Although eager to try the panang, I settled on the Pad See Ew.

The host/waiter asked what degree of heat I would like and I asked for medium hot. I am happy I did not go spicier as my sinuses would have drained into my plate.

The portion is hefty and the ingredients really fresh. Good choice straying from my usual Pad Thai.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (2)
Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

Found this place on yelp and what a great find it was. Simple and nicely decorated.
The Tom Kha soup with shrimp was definitely not my favorite. Tasted like Tom Yum with added coconut milk which still tasted extremely sour. On a positive note, it included two large shrimps. Personally not a dish to repeat.
The papaya salad was excellent. Good portion and great seasoning.
The larb gai salad was amazing. Also a good portion. Has a complex flavor that goes well with the fried rice.
The fried rice with chicken was great. Very large portion. Chicken was moist and well seasoned.
For a future visit would share the papaya salad, the larb gai and a fried rice with a different meat. And mix half the rice with half of the larb gai.
Can’t wait to try their green curry.

Date of visit: November 2019