“A staple in East Greenbush”
Review of Yip's Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Yip's Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I've been eating at Yips since I can remember - my Mom used to take me there as a kid and it was a wonderful experience - still it today. The food is consistently good as is the service. My favorite is the Crispy Garlic Shrimp - They serve old school tea and noodles before your meal. Dont forget the Mei Tai!

Would highly recommend. Always a great meal!

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Yips is a sit-down Traditional Chinese restaurant, and they do offer take out. They might be a little pricier than your average fast food, hole in the wall chinese place, but worth every extra penny. My family has been coming here, since before my parents were together, and we still eat here regularly. My husband and I order from Yip's all the time. No matter whether you're eating in, or taking out, the food quality is always the same, and I have yet to find a Chinese restaurant that can even hold a candle to the quality and service that Yip's presents. The egg rolls are phenomenal, and they make their own duck sauce, which is amazing. I have never, in my life, eaten a meal here that was prepared perfectly. I have never found anything in my food, had anything under or over cooked, or had something left out. With the amount that my family eats here, I can easily say, that I've eaten here hundreds of times, without complaint. They owners are friendly, they know their regulars, and frequently ask how my family is, how my job is. I can't say enough good things about Yip's... if you live in the area, and have never eaten here, it's a must!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Yips has been there for at least 40 years, and it's still going strong. No buffet here; you order off a menu, get very responsive, friendly service, very tasty traditional dishes, and the price is more than fair. Even the huge egg rolls are made right on the premisis! Only bad - no more family dinners; i.e.,, one from column A and two from column B!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The best customer service that I have had in a very long time. The crab rangoon was light and crispy. The sesame chicken was delicious and the portion size of the combo platter was enough for two. I especially loved the duck sauce. I paired it with the egg roll and it made for a great appetizer. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Overall excellent Chinese and one of the better Chinese restaurants around Albany. Could definitely benefit from an update in their dining room, a little bit dingy inside. Owners and staff very friendly!