“Friendly staff and good food”
Review of Casey's Restaurant

Casey's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Rensselaer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

A group of us went to Casey's on Father's Day this year. We actually showed up an hour before our reservation and although we showed up an hour early for our reservation the staff went out of its way to accomodate us as soon as possible. Our server was very friendly and her personality enhanced our dining experience. We found that for only $1.75 we could add a more than adequate freshly made salad to our meal with a home made dressing of our choice. No one in the group was disappointed with our meal and experience. If you want a romantic, quiet meal this might not be the place for you, but we would return again anytime.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

If you are anywhere near the train station, you are five minutes from great dining. Fast and great service at your own pace. Fresh bread and salad. Four of us ate here and we were all satisfied with our choices. Prices are very reasonable for what you get. Save room for desert.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

I took my daugher and her boyfriend to Casey's for her birthday. I ordered the 4 courses for $20. You can't beat this special. I had to take most of my entree home because I was so full. I talked my kids out of getting the calamari as an appetizer with their steaks because I know how huge the serving is and that the pieces can be inconsistently sliced. It was alot and they didn't like it because it was a mix of thick and thin pieces. The thicker pieces are too chewy. He got an Angus strip steak ($23.95) and she ordered a filet ($20.95). Both were done as they requested and tasted great. Our waiter neglected to tell us that the salad she ordered and the soup he ordered were ala carte. You would think with a dinner you would get more than the steak and vegetable for the price!
It was quite noisey because we were seated next to a large group.
The service, atmosphere and food varies from visit to visit. If I go again, I would only order from the $20 special menu.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This little gem has an enticing and varied menu with he-man sized portions. We went on the 4 courses for $20 dinner day. It's an incredible value and delicious. My eggplant rotelli appetizer could have served as a meal by itself. I took my salad to go. My entry, shrimp macaroni and cheese was creamy and light and topped by 3 huge shrimp. Most of that came home with me so I could enjoy the dessert. I chose apple crisp which was served warm with whipped cream. Our waitress, Maddy, was terrific. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I finally took the family here after being told that it was awesome, blah,blah. We must've gone on the day their regular cook called in sick. We ordered six meals (all different). Only one was good. The service was very slow, but our waitress was really nice. Not sure I'll go again. Plus, the parking is horrible.

1  Thank spudley215

Been to Casey's Restaurant? Share your experiences!