Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$184
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

US$116
Holiday Inn Express East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$182
Hyatt Place Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$377
US$279
Greenview Inn(Riverhead)
US$88
Bowen's by the Bays(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
US$285
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskpool arearooms are smalltanger outletspoolside roombistro restaurantnorth forklong islandduckwine tastinglate checkthe entire staffthe wait staffwine countrythe hotel is cleanoff seasonfitness center
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here one night with my wife after visiting Greenport and the wineries. We got a great deal on a one bedroom. Room was very nice - modern, chic, and airy. Being so airy, however, its our opinion that the room calls out for and should have a mini-fridge and a King bed (instead of Queen). Front desk staff was great and very helpful. The Bistro staff were nice enough, but ultimately kinda incompetant and unprofessional. On the night we ate there our waiter was training a new employee, yet he kept making mistakes himself (didn't greet us for over ten minutes, forgot to bring us menus, confused our order with another table's, brought us the check to sign, but without a pen). We were't alone, however. He messed up the neighboring table's order so much that the manager gave them free drinks. Made us jealous...what about us!? LOL. He also kept asking us odd questions, our favorite being, "Were the portion sizes OK?"...."HUH?!" We could tell he was just trying to sound like a big shot in front of his trainee, who we could tell wasn't buying it. The food was really good though, so that kinda made up for everything!! We just laughed (and ate) it all off. We didn't use the pool, but that area looked really nice. We were quite impressed with how comfortable and inviting the courtyard area is considering the hotel is situated between Tangers outlets and the L.I.E.. Overall, we had a nice stay and would definately stay here again, especially given the other options on the East End of LI.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Took a mini vacation in Riverhead and used a LivingSocial coupon to stay two nights at this hotel. Though many have complained that the rooms were small, I found this to be completely inconsequential. I'd much rather have a small, WELL-DECORATED room than something over-sized and generic. The general hotel design is very modern with a touch of "eco-consciousness" (as in the dual flush option on the toilet.) High-end Aveda products in the bathroom were also a delightful surprise. The pool area was just beautiful -- well-maintained with lots of colorful chairs and petunias. You could lounge on a couch out of the sun, or gather around the outdoor fireplace (which remained dormant for the warm summer nights.) The only word of advice I have for the owners is to be sure staff is trained to be more attentive to outdoor diners. It took forever for us to get a menu at breakfast until I cornered a different waiter and he picked up the pace considerably. Breakfast was absolutely delicious plus the concierge was very helpful in directing our beach day outings. TIP: Have dinner at the Riverhead Project (tRP) just down the road - excellent NYC-style dining.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I received a call about 530 p that our room airconditioner was broken and I was being transferred to the sister hotel . Extremely disappointed.I had done alot of research and was looking forward to staying at Indigo.I honestly felt they overbooked and because we had not checked in yet,our room was given away. I was so upset and After much complaining I was given an upgrade at the Holiday Inn Express,and two complimentary drinks.Went to search for the lounge to redeem coupons only to find that there was none. The hotel clerk went into a back room and brought me out the beverage. Found that strange.Gets better.When I went to check
into the room it had not been cleaned from the previous guests.Headed back to front desk,as you can Imagine I was not happy.Apologies were expressed and I was told I would be given another room. I asked to speak with the manager,and spoke to Michele.She was absolutely wonderful.She personally escorted me to my new room,for which I was not charged. Plus she was able to accommodate me the following day at Indigos,including a complimentary breakfast.I could not have more pleased the following day.Indigos was beyond my expectations. Lovely room,pool area beautifully landscaped,comfortable seating areas.Noticed pool attendants very attentive to all guests.Down fall,we were located on ground floor,directly next to an outside common gathering area.I was awoken at 230 in am with loud voices right out side the glass door sliders.Apparently guests from the wedding they attended earlier,decieded to have their own party right outside my room.I called the front desk to complain.Not sure if the guests were spoken to, or if they just chose to ignore the hotel management,because the loud voices continued.With all that being said,was very impressed with Michele (Assistant General Manager).She was
Extremely professional and tried to make a bad situation good. That's know as great customer service.Hats off to Michele.Thank you . I will definatley be back.

Room Tip: Pool side away from the re Ft G I would recommend poolside,not next to resturant I. Would suggest pots I would recommend ground floor poolside,fara Poolside away from resturant
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tricia P
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in July 2012 at Raphaels Vineyard. It was chosen by the bride and groom.

Upon arrival we thought it looked like a mediocre motel. Glad to see the interior was more modern and better maintained.

Checkin was a very slow process. Only 2 people were ahead of us, but the front desk only had 2 greeters who kept answering the phones causing a greater backup.

The rooms were small and bathroom tiny. Only queen beds are offered in the small space. Decor was modern and furniture minimalist.

Toilet was small European style. Sink and vanity tiny. You can fit only a makeup bag on counter bc the hotel keeps your set of towels on the vanity by faucet that gets all wet when you use the sink!

We ordered room service. Waited awhile for food to arrive. Food was delicious and hot on arrival however. Room delivery charge is $3.

Vineyard was about 20 miles away. A lot
of day time traffic especially with single lanes. Plan for extra time.

Good part was there us no 2 night minimum. Lots of hotels in area do.

Hilton Garden was a minute away and appeared nicer.

Hess gas station and Tanger Outlets are around the corner.

seems popular amongst weddings. Saw 3 wedding parties on the same night.

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear CrossCountryDriver,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with us. I'm truly delighted you found our interior decor and the food served during your stay commendable. I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of your room and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory from our front desk staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these accordingly as we aim to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I am the type of person that never really goes out of her way to write reviews (bad, I know) but I wanted to take the time to write a review for Hotel Indigo in the East End. This is an honest review. Based on the pictures of the hotel online and before arriving there, it looked absolutely breathtaking and upon pulling up to the hotel, it was! Every detail in that hotel is thought out and beautifully designed. The rooms, although a little small, are beautiful. The first hotel I ever stayed at that had hard wood floors and I've stayed at many! Every detail/finishing is perfection, modern, luxurious (amazing bathrooms). A+ on the design factor.

My second thought was that it was overpriced but I later realized that it was a wonderful price for a 4 Star hotel in the area (near the Hamptons) on a summer weekend stay. Like they say, location, location! Lastly, I have to say that Bistro 72 (their restaurant) is an A+! Amazing food, amazing presentation, amazing service and very reasonably priced and did I mention live music?! Pool area is nice, almost feels like a resort, no jacuzzi though and you even get restaurant service at the pool! Lastly, it's 1 minute away from a huge outlet mall. 20 minutes to get to South Hamptons, 1.5 Hours to get to Montauk. If you can't afford to stay at the Hamptons the next best thing to do is stay here. It's a hidden treasure. Had a perfect weekend here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends