“July 29, 30, 2012 visit”

Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Booked 2 night's stay through LivingSocial and received 2 - $30 vouchers for dinner at their restaurant. Asked for 2 double beds due to other reviews saying the queen is really not a queen size and was glad I did because I love my space. Upon check-in, we were upgraded without asking for a pool-side room. The room looked exactly like the website pix. It was beautiful and immaculate! The pool-side room had a cute little patio with Adirondack chairs and a table which was so nice. I usually cannot sleep on a hotel bed, but these beds were incredibly comfortable and even though I forgot my pillow, I was able to sleep like a baby. The linens were crisp and clean and the quilt was so comfortable. The a/c worked perfectly and had a digital control. The large flat screen HD TV was great too and they even have a keurig machine for morning coffee.

Around 10:30pm the first night, the toilet stopped flushing and was just running. Around 11:30, someone came by and said they couldn't fix it until the morning and handed us 2 complimentary breakfast cards. We were fine through the night and the next morning after our delicious complimentary breakfast, we went to the front desk to see when they were going to fix the toilet and they said it was already done. The front desk clerk then proceeded to give us 2 more complimentary breakfast cards, 2 - $30 vouchers for lunch or dinner and 2 free drinks!!. So now we had a total of $120 in dining credits, 4 complimentary breakfast credits, and 2 free drinks. It doesn't get any better than that!! The various outdoor seating arrangements and outdoor fireplaces were so nice as was the outdoor dining! The grounds of the hotel were very lovely with lots of flowers and pretty plantings! The only drawback was the pool - while it was beautiful and a nice place to relax - we couldn't do that due to very loud annoying kids and their screaming mom's. Luckily we had a patio to hang out on where we could get away from all of that which we did. The restaurant for breakfast was very good, but we didn't not care for our dinner. We had the lobster roll and the seafood medley in sauce - not very tasty. The best thing we ordered was the Margarita pizza which was delicious!

Make sure you bring snacks and drinks because the small soda was $2.50 in the machine and they have no snack machines. The vineyards were awesome and Smith's Point Beach was gorgeous! They recommend Southampton beach, but unless you want to pay $40 for parking, go the extra 15 minutes to Smith's Point were you pay only $15 parking for a gorgeous beach and very nice concession stand with lots of choices and a raw bar. You can also see the TWA Flight 800 memorial there too which was very moving.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the pool-side double bedroom! Jeff was awesome at the front desk too :)
1  Thank amyeduardo

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here one night with my wife after visiting Greenport and the wineries. We got a great deal on a one bedroom. Room was very nice - modern, chic, and airy. Being so airy, however, its our opinion that the room calls out for and should have a mini-fridge and a King bed (instead of Queen). Front desk staff was great and very helpful. The Bistro staff were nice enough, but ultimately kinda incompetant and unprofessional. On the night we ate there our waiter was training a new employee, yet he kept making mistakes himself (didn't greet us for over ten minutes, forgot to bring us menus, confused our order with another table's, brought us the check to sign, but without a pen). We were't alone, however. He messed up the neighboring table's order so much that the manager gave them free drinks. Made us jealous...what about us!? LOL. He also kept asking us odd questions, our favorite being, "Were the portion sizes OK?"...."HUH?!" We could tell he was just trying to sound like a big shot in front of his trainee, who we could tell wasn't buying it. The food was really good though, so that kinda made up for everything!! We just laughed (and ate) it all off. We didn't use the pool, but that area looked really nice. We were quite impressed with how comfortable and inviting the courtyard area is considering the hotel is situated between Tangers outlets and the L.I.E.. Overall, we had a nice stay and would definately stay here again, especially given the other options on the East End of LI.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Took a mini vacation in Riverhead and used a LivingSocial coupon to stay two nights at this hotel. Though many have complained that the rooms were small, I found this to be completely inconsequential. I'd much rather have a small, WELL-DECORATED room than something over-sized and generic. The general hotel design is very modern with a touch of "eco-consciousness" (as in the dual flush option on the toilet.) High-end Aveda products in the bathroom were also a delightful surprise. The pool area was just beautiful -- well-maintained with lots of colorful chairs and petunias. You could lounge on a couch out of the sun, or gather around the outdoor fireplace (which remained dormant for the warm summer nights.) The only word of advice I have for the owners is to be sure staff is trained to be more attentive to outdoor diners. It took forever for us to get a menu at breakfast until I cornered a different waiter and he picked up the pace considerably. Breakfast was absolutely delicious plus the concierge was very helpful in directing our beach day outings. TIP: Have dinner at the Riverhead Project (tRP) just down the road - excellent NYC-style dining.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I received a call about 530 p that our room airconditioner was broken and I was being transferred to the sister hotel . Extremely disappointed.I had done alot of research and was looking forward to staying at Indigo.I honestly felt they overbooked and because we had not checked in yet,our room was given away. I was so upset and After much complaining I was given an upgrade at the Holiday Inn Express,and two complimentary drinks.Went to search for the lounge to redeem coupons only to find that there was none. The hotel clerk went into a back room and brought me out the beverage. Found that strange.Gets better.When I went to check
into the room it had not been cleaned from the previous guests.Headed back to front desk,as you can Imagine I was not happy.Apologies were expressed and I was told I would be given another room. I asked to speak with the manager,and spoke to Michele.She was absolutely wonderful.She personally escorted me to my new room,for which I was not charged. Plus she was able to accommodate me the following day at Indigos,including a complimentary breakfast.I could not have more pleased the following day.Indigos was beyond my expectations. Lovely room,pool area beautifully landscaped,comfortable seating areas.Noticed pool attendants very attentive to all guests.Down fall,we were located on ground floor,directly next to an outside common gathering area.I was awoken at 230 in am with loud voices right out side the glass door sliders.Apparently guests from the wedding they attended earlier,decieded to have their own party right outside my room.I called the front desk to complain.Not sure if the guests were spoken to, or if they just chose to ignore the hotel management,because the loud voices continued.With all that being said,was very impressed with Michele (Assistant General Manager).She was
Extremely professional and tried to make a bad situation good. That's know as great customer service.Hats off to Michele.Thank you . I will definatley be back.

Room Tip: Pool side away from the re Ft G I would recommend poolside,not next to resturant I. Wo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tricia P
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in July 2012 at Raphaels Vineyard. It was chosen by the bride and groom.

Upon arrival we thought it looked like a mediocre motel. Glad to see the interior was more modern and better maintained.

Checkin was a very slow process. Only 2 people were ahead of us, but the front desk only had 2 greeters who kept answering the phones causing a greater backup.

The rooms were small and bathroom tiny. Only queen beds are offered in the small space. Decor was modern and furniture minimalist.

Toilet was small European style. Sink and vanity tiny. You can fit only a makeup bag on counter bc the hotel keeps your set of towels on the vanity by faucet that gets all wet when you use the sink!

We ordered room service. Waited awhile for food to arrive. Food was delicious and hot on arrival however. Room delivery charge is $3.

Vineyard was about 20 miles away. A lot
of day time traffic especially with single lanes. Plan for extra time.

Good part was there us no 2 night minimum. Lots of hotels in area do.

Hilton Garden was a minute away and appeared nicer.

Hess gas station and Tanger Outlets are around the corner.

seems popular amongst weddings. Saw 3 wedding parties on the same night.

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear CrossCountryDriver,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with us. I'm truly delighted you found our interior decor and the food served during your stay commendable. I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of your room and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory from our front desk staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these accordingly as we aim to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
5.5 km away
23.1 km away
The Hamlet Inn
The Hamlet Inn
#2 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End? Share your experiences!