“Dinner”

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #48 of 1,262 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Description: Texas de Brazil, is a Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, that features endless servings of flame-grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken, and Brazilian sausage as well as an extravagant salad area with a wide array of seasonal chef-crafted items.
Reviewed 8 March 2021

I’ve waited a long time to check this place out. Several of my friends have been here and they all said it was fantastic. So my wife and I with another couple went to the Rochester Ny location. The waitress Sydney was great. The issue we had was the wait times for the food. The meat was very under cooked had to refuse it a couple of times. We were unable to try all of what on the menu do to extremely long wait times. We were at are table for 2 hrs. We will not be returning sadly to say. Was not worth $166 that we spent.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (138)

Reviewed 7 February 2021

Last night we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and our 13 year olds birthday. We have taken our kids here because they like the theme, we have been here several times in the last 3 years. First the wait staff are always pleasant and nice. Now Post Covid salads are small in portion ( i guess I could of asked for more) but we came for the meat selection. There is no organization of the meat delivery. Carvers were walking past our table, to go to others who may have had 2 or 3 portions while our plates were clean and empty. Small meat portions When we did get some beef rib, it was 1 piece 2"x2" paper thin and fatty, then we waited and waited and waited. Sitting there for a total of 55 minutes watching servers walk past us, serve another table then walk away over and over. no flank steak or picante was offered to our table I was able to glance at it as it passed on by. The carvers served 1 table walked away (post Covid plan) then never came back to serve the same meat in the area.
- Meat Carvers are unattentive to New Guests - Carvers Going in all directions with out a consistent flow serving tables I DONT NEED TO BEG FOR FOOD, We did ask the waitress twice for meat with no results. I finally asked to leave and get the bill. The Manager came over of course to apologize and to blame Covid. Dont blame unorganized meat servers and lack of attention to customers on COVID. Your Meat delivery system is flawed. Terrible dining experience, very upsetting to my 13 year old who enjoys that place. I will never go there again SERVICE was terrible terrible terrible

Date of visit: February 2021
3  Thank michaeldI1606SI
Reviewed 30 January 2021

I have been to other Brazilian style steakhouse in the past in different parts of US and South America. I was very excited to try this one. Called a couple times in the past and didn't get a reservation. Finally last night I took my brother for his birthday. We both anticipated a grand experience. The salad bar was individualized due to Covid, which was fine. We picked what we wanted from a list of items on a sheet of paper. Sadly, the items all tasted like they came out of a jar or can. Pre-marinated. Nothing creative, nothing unique tasting. The cheese wasn't that good even. The gentlemen did come around with the meat on skewer. The first try at the flank steak was very nice. Sirloin was tough and fatty. Ribeye was not edible just grizzle with no flavor. Both chicken options seriously overcooked. I don't want to talk about their attempt at a pork rib. Just sad. We did ask for a second portion of the flank steak which was over flavored with a pepper crust and over cooked. For $45 ++ a person in Rochester NY market, I expected better cuts of meat. This place tasted just like a chain restaurant with mediocre quality. On the positive side, the staff were lovely and accommodating.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank IncentiveDesigner
Reviewed 7 November 2020

I have been here several times. The female manager is always pleasant. However tonight just wants the same. The meat was not good at all. The salad bar was goos but obviously because of covid not the same. But when you spend that kind of money for a meal you want to enjoy it. Flank steak was tough very rare. And i usually eat my meat rare. It was raw. I hate to leave a bad review but it is what it is. Disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 6 October 2020

Since my last visit precovid this restaurant has sunk to unbelievable levels. The service was awful as was ALL the food. I can't find anything positive about any of the food. The starters arrived mid meal and the hot dishes were cold. The Italian ham was thick, dried up ,extremely salty and tough. The smoked salmon was utterly tasteless.My wife's lobster bisque was cold. Mashed potatoes brought to the table were cold. And before this we were informed there was an extra charge for lamb chops even though they are mentioned on the website as included. They brought some Brazilian cheese bread rolls that were raw and elastic in the middle.
The meats were equally awful. They were so salty they probably are a health hazard! Our meat was ordered medium rare. Petit fillets were over cooked. The chicken was dry. The bacon wrapped meats were almost inedible because of incredibly salty bacon. And all of the beef, except the fillet, was as tough as leather. The only consistent thing about the meat was the salt!
A truly dreadful experience. Never again. Ruined my wife's birthday.

Date of visit: October 2020