“State Street Sports Bar & Grill”

State Street Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
State Street Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #464 of 1,387 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We went to this restaurant after going to see a basketball game up the street at the Blue Cross Arena, and the food was very good - esp. the filet minion. The best part of our meal was our waitress, Lyn Bebee, who was very attentive and professional. She made sure that our food was prepared to our liking, and that the meal was enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 November 2009

We didn't feel like meandering around town to find a restaurant and figured we would try the restaurant. Casual atmosphere, to the point of wearing sweat pants/pajama bottoms. We both ordered the steak special, club steak with a mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes and asparagus. Additionally, we ordered a dinner salad. Service was good, food was fair. My steak was somewhat raw on one side and overcooked on the other (how does that happen!?) Salad had those matchstick dried out looking carrots from a bag. Asked for a baked potato instead of mashed and was told they don't have any baked potatoes..(?!) Bread was hard to come by too, apparently they had to go 'upstairs' to get a roll (lol, and upstairs was where the wedding receptions were). $18 for the steak specials and $3/4 for the salad, add in 2 cocktails and a glass of wine and our bill was about $65. Was it worth it...not really, but again, we didn't feel like walking anywhere or searching out a restaurant.

Reviewed 28 May 2009

After an extemely ardous time getting around the airport, I nestled in at the bar for some R&R. I was greeted by the bartender lorrie and her nice personality. I was having a difficult time settling on my drink of choice and she did provise suggestions-even some upselling!. She had to come back with a glass of water for me to start. When she returned I was sure I'd get the look, however she was gleeful and offered more suggestions. We chatted for a moment and she was personable.

I later settled on dinner and spent more time chatting with lorrie over the course of the evening. I was glad that she was knowledgeable about local things to do.
I spent Sat/Sun with friends enjoying her reccomendations . Keep up the good work!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2009

I was in the State Street Bar in the Rochester Plaza hotel last Friday (5/22/09) and would like to commend Lori Embser for her wonderful service and cheerful attitude. I came in with some friends after work for some relaxing and it is such a nice change when the bartender is smiling, cheerful and attentive to your needs. You are very lucky to have Lori on your staff and I look forward to our next Happy Hour outing to your establishment!

Nicole Secor