US$98
US$134
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$94
US$91
US$61
US$76
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$169
Dartmouth House(Rochester)
US$159
All reviewsputting greenfront deskfull kitchenrochester greeceseparate bedroombeer and winecomplimentary dinnerpull out sofamake your own waffleswould definitely stay here againbeds were very comfortablefree breakfastolive gardenbusiness centerexcellent staystrong museum of playexercise room
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Poor housekeeping, poor responses, cold food. All the reasons to stay at a Homewood Suites, and there are many, are lost on this hotel. From dusty furniture, to stained duvets, noisy appliances, it was a total disappointment. I do not recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank James Michael W
Natalie M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank you for your survey. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience here at the hotel. We continuously strive to improve in all areas of the hotel. I will pass along the information to the breakfast staff and housekeeping department. We take your comments very seriously and will do our best so that this does not occur in the future.

Natalie Miller- Director of Sales

Reviewed 29 September 2016

This is the 2nd time my husband and I stayed at this Homewood Suites. The 1st time I would give it a four which is why we decided to stay again.
Unfortunately it was a completely different experience. We stayed 2 nights the second weekend in Sept. All went well at check in. Our room was nice and clean, with a seperate bedroom and sitting area with couch. That night my husband fell asleep early while I stayed up reading. When I went to bed I started hearing a lot of noise which I thought was coming from outside. It kept getting louder and louder and I realized it was coming from the floor above us. Furniture was being moved, loud laughter, doors slamming. This became even louder and woke up my husband who called down to see if they could get them to be quieter ( this was around midnight). It became quieter for about 10 minutes. More laughing and banging. Another call was made. He said he was working on it and it involved 3 rooms on the 5th floor above us .Quiet again for a short time, but not long enough. Call #3. We asked to move to another room, but apparently every room was booked. He said he was personally seeing to it that all persons not registered to that room were leaving. Hmmm....they all went out to the parking lot where the party continued! We turned the air conditioner on high to try and drown out the noise. By this time it was going on 3am and we'd pretty much given up hope of any sleep. But we tried and just as we were drifting off the smoke alarm went off! We could not believe our luck! Strobe lights were flashing which totally made me feel disorientated along with the piercing alarm. Was it a bad dream?! No, of course not just another thing to add to our nightmare of a night. Everyone had to evacuate. We all rushed down the stairs, not knowing what was going on. Imagine the parents with their small children and the elderly. This was not a good experience. After the fire department left, everyone was cleared to go back in. We then saw the young man at the desk speaking with a mother and her young child. She wanted to know what happened. He explained it was a "guest" who set off the alarm on the ( can you guess?) the 5th floor. We were standing there and he was extremely apologetic and obviously embarrassed after we said we had phoned down 4 times. He immediately said he would comp our room. However after finding we had prepaid, he said the daytime manager had to give the refund. I await my Visa bill and the promised credit. Let's hope it is there. Especially as my husband is a longtime Diamond member, he deserves good service for his loyalty ( he stays at Hilton properties over 100 night a year ).
I will say that I think this party that went on was a bit too big for the night manager to handle. He should not have had to do it alone. It is inconceivable how rude some guests can be. I don't really fault him as he was exceptionally courteous.
And If I were rating our stay on the second night only, it would be a 4, and the title would be a A nice, quiet, comfortable stay". Just a shame we didn't have 2 good nights.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank daydream11
Natalie M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Thank you for filling out a review. I want to let you know that the issues that you mentioned have been relayed to the appropriate team members. I wanted to first and foremost apologize for the issues that you encountered throughout your stay. Please know that this matter should have been handled differently and it was discussed with the team members the appropriate way to handle these issues, should they arise. I appreciate you comment regarding the clean guest rooms and have relayed these comments to the Executive Housekeeper. Should you choose to travel to the Rochester area again, we hope you will give us another chance. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

all positive! We stayed here for three nights, all good, close to where we wanted to be. so all good!
If there is a down side.. the breakfast was quite basic, but certainly good! bed and room ok, clean, ok.

Room Tip: ik schat in dat alle kamers hier wel rustig liggen
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for completing a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you received a room close to where you wanted to be. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We continuously strive to improve the quality of our breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 September 2016

A planned trip for my wife's birthday brought us to this location. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful front desk staff who ensured our room was ready even though our arrival was earlier than the check-in time. This was the start a a very good experience for the remainder of our stay. My wife has already ask for us to return again soon.

Room Tip: Request rooms on a higher floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us for your wife's birthday. I am happy that you were able to get an early check-in and that you found the desk staff helpful. I am very happy to hear of your return in the near future!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. We were just traveling through for one night. The hotel is very close to everything. You can walk to any eating or drinking establishment. We stayed in a smoking room and there was no stale smell of cigarettes . My husband who isn't a smoker couldn't tell it was a smoking room. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast because we left too early in the morning but I have had it in another location and it was really good. Very clean rooms and attentive staff.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time out to fill out a review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very close to several restaurants which is definitely a convenience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the staff. I hope to see you again in the future.