“Impossibly noisy. Not like a hotel at all.”

Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the noisiest hotel I have ever encountered.

While in my room, I could hear voices coming through a vent in the bathroom. When anyone in an adjoining room ran the water, either for a shower or to flush the toilet, I heard it loud and clear. Emphasis on "loud." Through the wall, I could hear voices from the guests in the next room, as well as plenty of noise created as they went about their business. Through the wall, I could hear their words, not just muffled sound. This building was obviously not constructed with any serious efforts at controlling sound. There is nothing the friendly and courteous staff can do about any of this.

To compound the problem, there were guests in several rooms who were acquainted with one another and brought with them a number of small children. The children were still playing in the hall at midnight. They were still running from room to room, pounding on the various doors to gain admission, and slamming the doors as they entered. The soundproofing inadequacies inherent in the structure compounded all these problems.

At 11 pm, I asked the front desk to get control of the situation with the children. The staff member was courteous and promised an immediate correction. However, nothing changed and the kids were all over the place at midnight when I put in ear plugs and took a sedative.

Other than intractable noise problems, the hotel was fine. If you are hearing impaired, this might not be a problem for you. But for everyone else, you have now been warned.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear george_w_tush,

I would first like to apologize for your most recent stay in regards to the noise. We have never had a noise complaint to this extent and we sincerely apologize. You may have stayed when we did have a sports team staying and yes sometimes they can be noisy. It is our duty to ensure all of our guests enjoy a quite comfortable stay and I am sorry we fell short of this. This is something we will discuss with the evening staff to help better control a situation like this should it occur again.

We hope you give us another chance. We can do our best to ensure you are in a quiet room and again we sincerely apologize.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

It was a nice representation of the brand. The location was convenient to the highway and the airport, and close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was nice and the place was well kept and clean. My room was comfortable and extra space which is standard for this brand. Full kitchen, and a stall shower in the bathroom. Comfortable mattress and a quiet location. Price was reasonable for the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Bernardo F,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for staying with us. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return in the near future.

We at the Homewood Suites take pride in offering excellent accommodations for our guests. It is our goal to provide a home away from away that includes clean, comfortable and quiet surroundings.

We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the Rochester/Greece area.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The front desk was great, and the room was clean. The pool was so overdone with chlorine I couldnt breathe, the breakfast was overcrowded and out of food quickly. The dining staff was very rude. Bed uncomfortable. Paid alot for my night. Not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear melissamartin37,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your most recent stay. I am sorry your experience here was not to your standards and they are valid concerns. I will address these issues with our team. It is this kind of feedback that only helps us to improve the service we provide. We hope you give us another chance to prove to you the level of service we are capable of.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Need to update this hotel old outdated and a bit cheesy decor. I would not stay here again nor recommend this hotel.

Front desk and caterer were delightful.
Room was dated with ripped furniture and a rug that I didn't feel comformtable taking my shoes off

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank brianmP6226BT

Dear brianmP6226BT,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am sorry the décor of the hotel was not appealing to you. We usually get great comments regarding the appearance of our hotel and rooms. However, we are in the works to have the hotel renovated and we hope you get another chance to visit us when we are a brand new hotel!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

This was my first time staying at this Hilton Brand. We were so impressed by the room- very clean and it was very spacious with a beautiful kitchen. There were a ton of breakfast options to choose from and everything we had tasted great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear charleneg634,

I am glad you decided to try out a Hilton hotel and enjoyed your stay. Being a Hilton property, we do have very high standards to set for our guests. We hope you continue to stay with us should your travels bring you back to the Rochester/Greece area.