“Typical Zoo”
Review of Seneca Park Zoo

Seneca Park Zoo
Ranked #7 of 148 things to do in Rochester
More attraction details
Owner description: Seneca Park Zoo inspires our community to connect, care for, and conserve wildlife and wild places.
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I hadn't been to a zoo in awhile, but recently my boyfriend & I visited here while in the area. It was what you'd expect from a zoo. As others have said, it was clean and does have a good variety of animals. Maybe it's just because I'm not a little kid anymore, but it was kind of depressing to see all those big animals locked up. Nevertheless, all the little kids around us were enjoying it. It does seem like it'd be a good day activity for families as there's a good amount of things to see and you can have lunch there, whether you buy it there or bring your own. It was also a good value!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is such a pleasant, clean zoo. There is much variety of animals to enjoy. There are comfortable benches to relax and enjoy the day go by. Food is available, but many bring their own foods and beverages to save money. Picnicking in the zoo is a great thing to do for the whole family in any season.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

For the price of admission, I found this great value. My teens and I saw everything we wanted in just under 2 hours without any complaints of sore feet. Enough variety in animals that we all saw our favourites.

Nicely laid out but especially loved the bus in the lion area.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have not gone recently. BUt we did go a few years ago. I had a pleasant experience and my kids loved it. Its very pretty and the education for children is great. Returning before the summer ends.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Seneca Park Zoo continues to improve with age. The new exhibit for the lions and baboons is wonderful. My only complaint is they put a jungle gym and water feature in the middle of the zoo for the young ones and it was hard to get our granddaughter away from that to see the animals. I can take her to a playground any time. It would be a good break for on the way out of the park on a hot day.