“Don't waste your time”

Mariachi Mexican Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this at all. We visited 7:45 on a Friday evening. We were seated next to the hostess stand and numerous wait staff passed by but no one including the hostess offered to get us beverages. The chips they put on the table had a funny rancid oil taste. After a good 15 minutes we got up to leave and the hostess didn't even acknowledge we were leaving. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The food here is good, just not spectacular. Whether it is because they are in a strip mall and they need to cater to the various tastes that may walk through the door, or that they are in what is basically a multi-college town, the food is pretty bland. This is not to say untasty; it is good food, tasty and well prepared; just not what we've come to expect from an establishment that goes out of its way to seem authentic.
The staff is friendly, attentive, and very prompt with delivery of every request. It is a popular place, which says that they are doing it right.
If you like Mexican, but are afraid of the "hot" factor, this would be a good choice. The food really is good, just not up to our taste.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

In an area saturated with restaurants of all types, we decided to try the new (to us at least) Mariachi Mexican Grill while shopping. In late for the lunch hour on a Friday (1:30pm) and found the place to be bright, clean, cheerful and just less than half full. Complimentary chips & tasty/medium spicy salsa were brought immediately while we looked through the extensive menu. Both of us settled on the enchiladas Suizas (one chicken, one beef) and were not disappointed. Three enchiladas per plate, with modest-but-enough servings of refritos & yellow rice. The cream sauce was calming, and the salsa verde on top of the entree was just enough kick to make things interesting. NELSON, our server, was on top of things despite having a lot of station to cover.

Tasty food, cold beverages, and out the door for less than $20.

We'll go back soon; it's worth negotiating the parking lot across from Southtown Plaza to go to this place.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We ordered sangria and they were out. We ordered draft beer and they were out. That set the tone for the meal. The combination dinner that I ordered had no cheese, sour cream, lettuce to go with it very plain and bland food. Maybe they were just having a hair day......

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I went there for lunch with my son on Sunday afternoon. First of all, it's hard to find. It's located behind the new Golden Corral, and it's where the old Dibella's submarines was located, most people from Rochester know where that was. We arrived and the place wasn't very busy, so we were seated and we both ordered Enchiladas. The food came and it looked like a garbage plate, so it's not only Americanized but also Rochesterized. The enchiladas were smothered in a pile of lettuce, sour cream and guacamole. It didn't taste bad once I scrapped off all the stuff off the top of the enchiladas. We also tried one of the desserts that was OK. I will say that the salsa and chips were excellent, salsa had a real nice bite. So, the bottom line is that I wouldn't go out of my way to go here again, but if my other choice was Taco Bell or I wanted a drink with my meal then I would go here.