“Always spectacular!”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fine Wine . Steak . Seafood . Pasta
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We have been dining here for years, always impressed.
Excellent service, friendly atmosphere, the menu is great , and , the best wine list in Rochester. Our meal Saturday night was outstanding. Thank you Park Avenue Pub.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Perfect for a special event like anniversary, new romance, birthday, or just meeting best friends for that special night. One of the few places left that greets you, takes your coat, pulls out your chair and makes you feel special. Has that NYC dining feel to it that you can't describe, small number of tables, and everyone treated like a king or queen. Wonderful food, wine and service, I would recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank PennStateParent
Reviewed 13 February 2018

You should come for the warm and professional service alone. We didn't want heavy meals and there were plenty of lighter side options. Our food was delicious and a nice value. Drinks are a little pricey but not outrageous.

1  Thank rstev3
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We travelled to Rochester to visit friends and relatives, and decided to have dinner at the Park Avenue Pub, near where we lived when we lived after we were married in 1979.

Although this restaurant has been in the same location under different ownership over the years, we never had eaten there. Based on our dining experience this past week, we regret not going in the past, and we will definitely return there on future visits.

The atmosphere is warm and relaxed, and we were met promptly when we came in the door. The exterior of the restaurant is understated, and you may walk right by without realizing that there is a restaurant at this location.

We were seated in a very comfortable booth, and chatted with the knowledgeable waitress about the dinner selections and wines. She brought us warm bread, and after we made our selections, the meals were brought to us with appropriate pacing (We each selected the "3 course for $30" option.

My wife selected the sautéed pork tenderloin, with the beet and mixed green salad, with a balsamic dressing that was an excellent start. I tried the Roasted mushrooms in puff pastry in a parmesan cream sauce. The puff pastry was deliciously flaky, the mushrooms tender, and the sauce was perfect. Next up, the main courses. Where hers was place on the table, it looked so appealing that I questioned whether I made the best choice myself with the beef tenderloins, but when my plate was then presented, I realized that we both would be more than satisfied. She raved about the flavor and tenderness of the pork and the accompanying sauce and bleu cheese, and the my beef tenderloin was cooked to perfection, with an accompaniment of creamy mashed potatoes and tender vegetables.
She opted for the bread pudding for dessert, while I chose the frozen peanut butter pie. Both were, in a word, outstanding.

How they prepare these meals and can serve them for $30 is a mystery to me. I have eaten in far more expensive restaurants without the level of satisfaction that this meal provided.

And, to top it off, we engaged in conversations with one of waiters, Joel, who was very friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the establishment and the menu.

We highly recommend the Park Avenue Pub to anyone who is seeking a delicious, gourmet meal at a reasonable price in the heart of one of the nicest neighborhoods in Rochester, NY.

1  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I hadn’t been in for dinner in awhile but the owner always remembers me and welcomes me back. My friends and I chose the $30 3 course menu and we cleaned our plates! Generous portions, excellent value. I am going back soon!

1  Thank Louise L
Sheila L, Owner at Park Avenue Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Louise, so glad we could delight! Thanks for taking time to share your great review. We look forward to having you soon!
Best,