“Cute place, Good Tea, Food not Great”
Review of La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour - MOVED

La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We Now Have Gluten-Free Items ,Come on in!! We are now open 7 to 9 p.m. for Dessers including the biggest dessert in Rochester! Our chef is back!!! WE are a café with a tearoom ambiance
Reviewed 23 January 2016

The new location in East Rochester is nice. The decor is cool & there is a lot to look at. I enjoyed their beverages but I really did not like their Cesar salad. I eat any Cesar salad without complaints but this was just soaked in too much dressing. I could not eat it at all. If they improved their food, I would return.

maureenb386, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Wish you had spoke up. I would have gotten another one or something else. Come back for lunch on me Maureen

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

Went with a friend to La-Tea-Da. Service was surly at best and the desserts were dry and tasteless. Despite the cute interior and theme, I won't be going back!

Reviewed 24 November 2015

My earlier review stated lack of sandwich filling. I believe they even have less now. I couldn't even tell what was in the sandwiches. Couldn't even see filling. Scones were very good. Pastry tray consisted of a dipped strawberry and cookies that I've seen and eating from Sam's club. Nothing made there. I have made more elegant sandwiches for Tea Parties that I've hosted. Very over priced for what what you received. I will not go there again. Oh yea, what's with bathroom right off the kitchen?

maureenb386, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Hi I;m so sorry you didn;t enjoy our Full Tea You can certainly come back for lunch on me but this may be the server I had to let go for stealing WE Shall see! Thanks Maureen

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I drove by this place a few times before I realized it was a place to eat since it is in a unique location. I had never eaten at the Alexander location but I know some of the ladies from church liked it.

I dropped in this past week and found the decor interesting with all the hats, dolls and tea pots around the place. It is definitely geared more towards women with the decor but not so bad far us guys to grab a bite.

I got a turkey, bacon and brie croissant which comes with fruit slices on the side. There was a choice of side and I went with the cucumber salad. It definitely had a nice flavor to it and I would get it again.

I agree parking can be a challenge with some parking on the road out front though there is a vacant bank lot across the street.

I am not a tea person so that aspect does not appeal to me but I enjoyed the food and the owner was fun to talk to. A nice place to take you young girls or moms for a unique dining experience.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Four of us had high tea at $18.50 each. Two teas were lukewarm and had to be replaced. Sandwiches had little flavor (the soggy cucumber was the best of the three) and two of the varieties tasted almost the same and were sickeningly sweet with honey and brown sugar globs on top. Quiche was lukewarm and did not have a quiche consistency. It tasted like it had been microwaved and I suspect that it was not made in-house. Scones were very dry and for four of us, there was only a tiny dish (1 inch diameter) of clotted cream and jam to share. Pastries (tiny eclairs, cream puffs and a few cookies) tasted like they were from Sam's Club frozen food department. There were no serving utensils which made it difficult to remove food from the tiered holder, nor was there any place to set the used tea bags. Didn't feel like much of a high tea and will not be going back again.

maureenb386, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

I really wish you would come back as my guest .and give us a second chance . I also wish you had spoken up and I would have taken care of it. A small business needs to know. I was at Alexander st. for 10 years before it burned down.and we have sold thousand of full Teas including hundred of baby and bridal showers. We all have an off day. I hope you come back Maureen