“New Year's Eve 2016/17”

Tournedos Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tournedos Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,366 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2017

I can't write enough great things about our experience tonight. We've thrown small company parties at Tournedos in the past and have always been impressed with their exemplary service and food--tonight was no exception. Our party of six made a reservation in November for NYE and requested the Library Room for dinner at 8 PM; we were told they couldn't guarantee seating in any particular location but they would try. Upon our arrival, we were delighted to hear that they could accommodate our party in the Library, which is exactly what it sounds like--an intimate room filled with books. We had a few cocktails in the bar and proceeded to our table. The prix fixe was $100/pp including appetizer, salad, entree, side dish and dessert, exclusive of tax or gratuity. There were many choices of each--highlights for us were the Wellington oysters for me (meaty and delectable), crab cakes that featured lots of crab, a shrimp cocktail of 3 huge (but not dry or mealy) shrimp. Salads were interesting but not silly. I had tornadoes au poivre medium rare, and others ordered sea bass, Tasmanian salmon, and strip steak. The steaks and tornadoes were perfectly prepared and two friends who ordered the salmon pronounced it the best they've ever eaten. To give you some idea of what a compliment that is, as a group, we've eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world! Because our entrees were so diverse, we ordered different wines by the glass and our waiter made excellent suggestions. Besides my kudos to the competent wait staff, I would like to extend my thanks to the friendly valets, coat check ladies and hostess for a truly lovely evening.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

My husband took me here recently for my birthday. It's a beautiful location with valet parking. The service was very attentive without being annoying. The food, from the appetizers to the desserts was decadent and delicious. We started with the arancini. Some of the best I've had! For the main course, I had the Tournedos of beef au poivre. My husband had a ribeye steak. Both were cooked perfectly! The chocolate molten cake for dessert was simply decadent. I would go back for that alone!! If you're looking for a special place for a special occasion, this is it but bring your wallet - it's pricey but worth it!

Reviewed 4 December 2016

A group of coworkers went to Tournedos for dinner. The elegance of this restaurant was so nice, yet it wasn't stuffy. We enjoyed the family style of the side dishes and we all shared.... the brussel sprouts were amazing, as were the mashed potatoes with truffle oil. I ordered the petite dry ages NY strip steak. It was very good! Our waiter was exceptional and really did all he could to maker sure we had a great experience. Although the prices here are a bit higher, the whole experience is worth it.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

My guest and I enjoyed the ambiance and staff interaction. We both had the small 6oz dry aged strip steak which was way overpriced and below average. Sides were average at best. We also both had the lump crab cake appetizer. Later that evening, around 2 am, we both got ill - can't validate, but we suspected it was the crab cake.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

A quiet, reserved but not stuffy place. Terrific crab cake, terrific steak, terrific brussels sprouts, terrific BREAD! Really a treat of a restaurant on a night when most needed.
I recommend highly for anyone, small or larger groups. Service as good as the food, helpful and not over-whelming!

2  Thank Edward B