“The finest”

Tournedos Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tournedos Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,379 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Although it is pricey, the dining experience at Tournedos is worth it. We went for my wife's birthday. The food, from appetizer to dessert was wonderful. Beautifully presented, awesome flavors, fresh ingredients cooked and seasoned to accent natural flavors, not cover them up. Many little things that make a meal great, like fresh warm bread and a cocoa dusted chocolate truffle to end the meal. A great wine list. Attentive, friendly service. Wonderful decor and a nice jazz playlist in the backround.
We started with a salad special, greens, almonds, chevre, and granny smith apple with a citrus dressing and a crab cake with thermidor sauce. Both delicious. For main course we had a T-bone steak and Ahi Tuna. The tuna was prepared rare as we asked and was delicate and fresh, firm without being chewy. The steak had a nice char on the outside but was pink in the middle (medium rare) and juicy. For dessert we shared a chocolate godess cake which was just heavenly! Nice French Burgundy complimented the whole meal nicely. True, the proce makes this place for special occasions only, but they really deliver on the "special" part.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Went with a group of friends. Very long wait between appetizers and main course. Everything is ala carte and side dishes of veggies, potatoes and such are $8. My wagyu tenderloin was $67. Burned on the outside but rare on inside. It was served on a white plate with nothing else. No garnish, no nothing. In a high class restaurant such as this one you would think that presentation is important..there is absolutely no presentation here. Tenderloin was tough, hard to cut and tasted like every other low priced tenderloin I had ever eaten. Wagyu is supposed to be a taste experience of melt in your mouth meat. This definitely was not. Side dished were served in separate dishes with no garnish of any kind. There was nothing special about this over priced, mediocre tasting meal. Not one person at the table raved about the food. Definitely will not go back.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Considering how expensive the food here was, I was expecting a better experience. While some of the food was delicious, much of it was not great and wasn't worth the elevated prices. I personally had the pork chops which were actually very tasty but my party ordered the Carbonara side as per the server's request and I was underwhelmed. The kitchen was out of multiple items when we visited including the osso busco ravioli which I was excited to try. The ambiance of the restaurant is very professional and upscale; I think it would be a good environment for a special occasion or a professional meeting. In terms of the staff, many of the staff members were very polite and helpful with the menu while others were somewhat rude and seemed uninterested.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came for a business dinner. We were very impressed with the decor. We were taken to the wine cellar for our private party. The food was amazing! We had several courses and everything was superb. The pork chops were the best I have ever eaten. Tender and delicious. From the appetizers to the dessert everything was excellent. Our wait staff were professional but very friendly and provided outstanding service. What a wonderful restaurant in Rochester. Very memorable.

1  Thank Lynnky
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We enjoyed dinner at the great classic steakhouse with excellent food and good service.
Our only criticism was that there was a big gap in service timing early in our meal, and a take-out order we'd made when ordering our meal was completely forgotten about, otherwise this would certainly be a 5-star rating.

1  Thank BTD1