All reviews the concierge lounge rochester airport platinum member room service was great nice hotel major highway college graduation workout room business hotel business trip double room greece ridge free shuttle front desk staff up to date on site restaurant stayed here for one night
Reviewed 19 May 2017

It's the only true Marriott in the area. There are multiple Fairfields, Courtyards etc.. but this is THE Marriott for Rochester. That being said they've recently undergone a renovation and while I found the décor a bit eclectic it was a much needed refresh for a tired property. I've stayed here and at the Renaissance in Pittsford. While I like the Renaissance location -the actual accommodations are similar to the renovated rooms here. This property has a longue with a friendly concierge. The offerings were base level -meaning it was sufficient. The rooms have some odd wall paper now -sort of rainbow mural behind the TV -but I think it is a substantial improvement over the old red and yellow décor that was in these rooms for years. This trip I did not use the restaurant or gym facilities but I have been the restaurant before and thought it was fine/good. My colleague used the Ballys gym across Ridge rd. -it was very convenient.

This trip I was without a car and was able to walk over to Greece Ridge Mall (0.5miles) -I was able to get shopping done and grab a bite and Bar Louie's. The property is about 10 minutes drive north from the airport and not being at the end of the runway is a plus in my book. Rooms were clean, and quiet. It was a good stay here.

Room Tip: I was in room 515 next to the elevators -I didn't hear a thing
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Visited the Rochester Airport Marriott and was pleasantly surprised by the decor for an older property. Service was excellent at check-in and the on-site restaurant staff was fantastic with local recommendations for food and wine.

For those looking for an airport location, the distance is about a 10 minute drive. There is a shuttle service starting at 5:30 am. For the first wave of 6am flights, shuttle service is too late. Would be a recommended change to align with the flights schedule at the airport to not create challenges to the customers.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Hotel is nice and clean and beds are comfortable per marriott standard. However, the staff were very rude and short. They put a hold on my card after a sign they have posted clearly states hold is for debit card use. I went to check out and used another card to finalize my bill, asked for a receipt and they still charged the wrong card in the end. So now I have this hotel staying payment pending on two cards. No apology when I called the hotel, just a VERY VERY RUDE STAFF. They need to take training on hospitality seeing that's your job.

Room Tip: Free WiFI sucks.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AlexWooM
Laura B, General Manager at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience with your credit card charges and how it was handled. We pride ourselves with providing excellent service. I apologize for not providing that for you during this stay. I hope that you will consider returning to the Marriott if your travels bring you back to Rochester so we may demonstrate our commitment to excellence.
Laura Bennett, General Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I've had some wonderful stays here, but a trend on the weekends is not handled well. This hotel sells large groups to students with limited parental supervision. Groups are understandable--that's how hotels stay profitable on weekends. But they have to be managed well.

Last time it was a hockey group. This time a dance recital. Both times, there were screaming kids on the concierge level. I checked into the hotel to rest in peace and quiet after being in the hospital. After calling 4 times about a group of 12 screaming on the Gold/Platinum concierge level, I asked to be moved. I was told when I went to go get new keys that it would be similar on every floor. When staying at other hotels in the area, they block off a floor for those not with the group like the regular hockey groups (And definitely the concierge level). I don't understand why they can't get this under control. I left at 730pm because I was not going to be able to sleep with all the yelling. I went against doctor's orders to rest a night before driving home. As I left, I was told to have a nice night and come again. Rochester Airport Marriott ensured I would do neither.

This absolutely has to be fixed. This is too nice of a hotel with very friendly staff. A system needs to be put in place. I, however, am out a night I didn't stay and will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: You cannot get a quiet room on student group weekends; call ahead to see if they are hosting this.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank LinHumphrey
Laura B, General Manager at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I am disappointed to learn that you have decided not to return. Based on the experiences you have had I understand but can only hope that with time you will reconsider. We take comments and experiences such as yours very seriously and will be addressing the management of these types of groups. As you mentioned, the group business is something that we need to have in our hotels, however, it must be managed properly or it causes lost business as it has with you. Your business is very important to us and I'm sorry that we failed you with a satisfactory stay once again. My team and I are committed to rectifying the issues that arise with youth groups. I am confident that this will be controlled in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is nice, and conveniently located close to the airport in Rochester. The room was nice, cozy and clean. The staff at the hotel was nice and the Concierge lounge was. Overly stocked for the guests to use. Overall, I would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business