“Beautiful and Quaint”

Lake House Bed and Breakfast & Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rock Stream
Lake House Bed and Breakfast & Cottage
Ranked #2 of 3 Rock Stream B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I rented this property for long weekend in July for my girlfriend's bachelorette, it was perfect. The house is beautifully appointed with personal antiques, kitchen is very modern with a huge fridge and the rooms were adorable.

We got so much use out of the front wrap around porch, hiked down to the water a couple of time. There is a large dock to use. If people are older or have small kids you'd want to pack enough things so that you were comfortable down there for a while, it's about a 5-7 min walk. Lovely though.

The house is huge! we didn't even use all the beds or the parlor (there was 12 of us).

The management was very accommodating since we were a late booking, only drawback was shaving to pay in certified cheque (since we were late on the booking this was a time crunch).

No issues with not getting the refund back as I heard other people mention. Pretty much if you appreciate the space and leave it like you would leave your own place there is no issues here. And we were a group of 12 women eating and drinking wine all weekend!

Thanks for hosting us in such a beautiful spot!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2009

In summer of 2009 I rented the big house and cottage for a week to celebrate my 25th wedding anniv. with extended family. Although dealing with Maureen (the innkeeper) was helpful and smooth beforehand there were several disturbing things during the week and afterward that made me wish I had never rented this property. These issues had more to do with the owner, Michele Paillard, then Maureen.
1. Even though my family took meticulous care of the facilities while we were there (and mind you they were still cleaning and not quite ready for us when we arrived) Michele was threatening to keep my deposit because she found a stain on the living room ceiling (beneath one of the bedrooms). How do I know if the stain wasn't there before us ? When Maureen was orienting me to the house we didn't look up at the ceilings in the many roomed house! We never saw any stain and if there was a problem in the bathroom it was beneath the plumbing which we could never see. She actually thought of keeping my deposit because of a problem in her plumbing that had nothing to do with anything we did. She also wanted to charge me for a cord that attached to a fan that came off when my brother-in-law pulled it to turn it on - who is a carpenter. Again it was pulled gently and just came off. How do you know if the people before you just stuck it back in or it jut wore out with use??? Michele revealed very poor business skills in these situatons.

2. The Lake Cottage is not as nice as the pictures on the web. It is run down and not well maintained. The website also boasted a beach and "great swimming". The beach was a disgrace with broken chairs and cushions strewn around. There were some new chairs in the mix but it said alot to me that the owner did not care to check out the condition of the beach - I think she would have been embarrassed. Even worse was the condition of the water. It was unswimmable because of terrible weeds. I'm a strong swimmer and am not afraid or squeamish to weeds but these were actually dangerous to swim in because they wrapped around your body up to your neck. One of the biggest reasons I rented this property was for the beach and lake and they were unusable - and it was a hot week. We actually left a day early because of being unable to use the lake.

This property was not cheap to rent and so I asked the owner for compensation because of not being able to swim. Her response was I should have told her about the weeds and they would have removed them. How was I to know that you can remove weeds? I doubt very much she could have removed the magnitude of weeds in that lake but I still think it was her responsibility to inspect and make sure that ALL of the property that she is renting (and that I am paying for) is in good, working condition. The weeds evidently are not a new problem but have been going on for years. She could have told me ahead of time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank boingNyc

Been to Lake House Bed and Breakfast & Cottage? Share your experiences!