“Relaxing and different ”

Knapp Winery & Vineyard Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Romulus
More attraction details
Owner description: A combination of winery and restaurant located on the slopes of Cayuga Lake; the location plays a vital role in creating the best micro-climate for the Knapp vineyards. Knapp produces over thirty types of wine including cordials and aperitifs. Enjoy outstanding Rieslings, Cabernet Francs, Chardonnays and much more. Wines made to suit a variety of palates. The vineyard restaurant, which is open from April through October, opens to a vineyard patio that faces west with a spectacular view of our Saperavi vines. Chef creates food using as many local products to ensure a true Finger Lakes wine country experience.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The regular lunch fare is complemented by some unusual appetizers, like the country pate (ham, pork, pickled onions, jam, olives, bread rounds). The butternut squash soup was scrumptious! And excellent vanilla bean cheesecake.
We sat outdoors on the patio and enjoyed the sunshine and cool breeze under the grape arbor.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Knapp Winery was one of 5 stops we did on a bachelorette wine tour. We did come with a group in a limo and had reservations. We were able to go right in and our whole group fit at one bar and had it to ourselves. We had two workers that were there attending to us. We were of mixed age and one of the ladies that was working was checking IDs. We had a woman that was 50 and had her ID out and the worker actually laughed at her and said without looking at her ID - "Really? No you're good." That was kind of rude in my opinion. You choose whether you want the dry or sweet for the whole flight. You don't pick and choose dry or sweet from the pairings. I found the girls not to be very engaging. They quickly tell you the wine, pour and repeat. We were out of there pretty quickly. The wine was ok. I liked Superstition. Not on a list of places I have to go back to. The tasting was $10 and then you got a ticket for $5 off a purchase of a bottle of wine.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We were told we didn't need reservations, but there was a wedding that night. Be a did a great job of doing a quick but thorough tasting. She was wonderful! The wines and spirits were great!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We went to the Knapp Winery on the west side of Cayuga Lake, to pick up a few cases for an event and had to have a taste. The tasting room is a friendly place. You've got to love a place where a cat lounges on the counter. I tried the Pasta White, which I think is considered their table wine. It was a very pleasant, not too sweet, green apple citrus wine. I also tried the Brut because who doesn't like champagne? We couldn't stay long. We had to get back to the other side of the lake but we walked through the restaurant, which had a nice patio and was busy for a Wednesday afternoon.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We ate at the restaurant for a late lunch before going over to the next building for their wine tasting. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed the food. I thought my braised short ribs were the best. The service was excellent also. We then went over and did our wine tasting. Matt, an older gentlemen, took excellent care of us, with his descriptions of the wine and his wonderful sense of humor and charm. The wines were all very good. My husband liked the port especially. We would definitely recommend this place to others.