“Very Good but not fabulous”
Review of Mim's Restaurant

Mim's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mim's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of Long Island's most popular neighborhood restaurants, Mim's serves robustly flavored, seasonal American cuisine in a relaxed setting of casual elegance. We offer a full lunch and dinner menu with daily specials in the dining room and the bar. Behind the bar, an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a large selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails are offered. Private parties, large groups & special events are welcome, with private dining & event space available. Mim's is known for welcoming guests with excellent value and warm hospitality.
Reviewed 30 June 2017

My shrimp appetizer was great. The marinated skirt steak was very tasty. The issue was nothing was hot. As my friends both had a salmon salad, which they greatly enjoyed his was not a concern for them. The service was excellent.

Rich3636, Owner at Mim's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear AdrienneB6013, Thank you for the nice review and we are so happy that you enjoyed both your food and service. I am so sorry that the food didn't come out as hot as it should have. I will look into that situation. This way we can go from a very good to Fabulous!!
Thanks again for sharing your experience with us. Cheers - Rich

Reviewed 15 June 2017

A group of us went out to dinner. We hadn't seen each other in many years and wanted to enjoy dinner and conversation. Mim's had a side room where they sat us that was perfect for this. The waiter was excellent and very attentive to our table (with taking orders and pictures). We shared a variety of appetizers: Chicken wings, pretzel baked brie, & three cheese spinach and artichoke dip. I had the Chicken Francese and it was very good. I thought the pretzel baked brie had too much pretzel & not enough brie. We all had different desserts and they were all good.

Rich3636, Owner at Mim's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you so much for choosing Mim's and thanks for the awesome review. We appreciate the constructive feedback about the pretzel brie. We look forward to serving you soon.
- Rich

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The apps were good, but the duck was overdone and the lamb we ordered was basically raw. We're not going back.

Rich3636, Owner at Mim's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hi Steve. Sorry you had a bad night and thanks for letting us know. What would it take to get you back? Please let me know. mimsrestaurant@hotmail.com Sincerely - Rich

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

A very cozy location with a nice casual atmosphere. The service was good and the food was great....slightly different than usual. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

So, this was listed as a 4.5-5 star restaurant, so i booked this year's Mother's Day brunch. There was a menu online which looked great, but alas ... not the case.

1) Upon arrival, we were seated at a dirty table that had flies and bugs on the wall. No mother's day flowers or decorations on the table.

2) Buffet-style breakfast, with stale muffins and hard pastries. The omelette station was nice, but very crowded and the whole place smelled like burning food. Smoke alarms went off (literally) and the smell was awful.

3) The meal offered "a free mimosa or bloody mary", and upon ordering it we were given watered down drinks that were pre-made many hours earlier. My bloody mary was a watery mess, ice melted down and poorly mixed. Tasted like watery cheap tomato juice.

4) Waitress never once offered any drinks, my daughter (she's 11) wanted chocolate milk but the waitress literally never came over EVEN ONCE to check on us. She brought coffee, and walked away for the rest of the entire meal.

This meal was $35 per person, and i ended up paying over $120 (with an extra 20% service charge for my one cup of coffee since i served myself) for bad eggs, stale food, and watery drinks. My wife was sooooooo disaponited we didn't go somewhere else for brunch, i'll NEVER go to Mims again. What a ripoff.

Beware - - this place is not 4-5 star. its 1 at best, maybe 0. They took my money and never wondered why my entire family left within 30 minutes of arriving for brunch on Mother's day.

: (

Rich3636, Owner at Mim's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience on Mother's Day. I am not going to come up with worthless excuses. Unfortunately we failed you. Mother day is the busiest day of the year in the restaurant business. I would say 95% our our guests were very happy with our menu, buffet and complimentary custom chocolates we gave to the mom's in lieu of flowers . Unfortunately you were in the 5% that we failed. Please apologize to your wife for me. I can understand how upset you would be to pay hard earned money for subpar food and service. That is not how we built our foundation and reputation. I don't believe our guest should pay for anything but the best food and service. I would like to compensate you for your unfortunate experience. Please email me privately at mimsrestaurant@hotmail.com

Apologetically, -Rich