““A Star is Born”!”
Review of Taverna Novo

Taverna Novo
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Description: Authentic Italian and true wood-fired pizza in a neighborhood setting. Italian specialties and a variety of pizzas from our wood fired oven! Outstanding wine and beer offerings. We do accept reservations for parties of all sizes and reservations are highly recommended, as we are a small space.
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

With track season less than two weeks away, looking for a new restaurant (Italian Fare) in Saratoga Springs to spend a quant weekend night for good food and wine!
A friend said his party had a great meal at this restaurant and you won’t be disappointed! Doing the impossible, a reservation on a weekend night proved to be my lucky day. Was able to secure one and decided to have a dinner a little bit past my norm.
Arrived and my table awaited me after a very cordial greeting by the hostess! Asked us if we have been here before and we admitted no! She said our server Michael will be with us shortly and you will be very pleased. Menus were given to us and very extensive, along with pizza prepared in a wood fired oven! Michael arrived, a real pro, who knows the restaurant business and customer service oriented. Decided on wine and took his suggestion to start! Decided on a red California blend that was excellent! He reviewed the menu with us and I settled on the Pappardelle alla bolognese and my companion selected Lasagna Vegetariana di Melanzane.
Both dishes endorsed highly by our server Michael! We also wanted salad and again the recommendation was order only one Insalata Mista Taverna! Enough for two!
Bread arrived and it was excellent! Also the owner, Patti came to our table to say hello and welcome us! A real class lady, who knows her business!
Shortly thereafter the chef delivered our entrees! A nice added touch and also welcomed us! The entrees did not disappoint—“eccellente”! Portion size was more than enough! Michael continued to check on us!
It was so good that we left nothing on our plates! Companion wanted to try the chocolate cake, flourless and it was outstanding!
This is a go to restaurant that will make your journey worthwhile! A great addition to the restaurant scene in Saratoga, affordably priced, great food and outstanding service! Ask for Michael and let him guide you through this experience! Next time we would like to sit on their patio and looking forward to a return visit!
Have eaten in many restaurants around the world and this rates very high on my list, and usually Uncle Mo doesn’t miss the mark!

Patricia N, Owner at Taverna Novo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Wow! Grazie for the very kind words! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience! We've always been big Uncle Mo fans and this will certainly continue! Please dine with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Small lively restaurant with excellent food, we ordered Cornish hen which was amazing as was the risotto.The margarita pizza and salads were perfect and the Devine deserts followed by cappuccino.Our waiter was fantastic and so is the chef.Definately we will return again soon.

Patricia N, Owner at Taverna Novo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Grazie for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Decided on Taverna Novo after a quick search on Trip Advisor and I’m glad we did. It’s a bit off the beaten path in Saratoga, on the small side but friendly and the owner is proud of his establishment. Our meal was outstanding from the pistachio burrata to the spicy Cioppino full of succulent shellfish, shrimp and scallops with just the right bite of spice. The folks around us seemed just as happy with their meals. It’s a new venture and hitting high notes in the few months it’s been open.

Patricia N, Owner at Taverna Novo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Grazie for your kind words! We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience and hope that you will return soon! We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I usually write reviews for either only exceptional 5 star places or places that are horrible. Decided to try taverna Novo after hearing rave reviews and seeing the menu. If you want a five star experience I recommend calling for a reservation as it is a very small place. Initially they said out of luck too busy yet there were tables reserved for people coming in later. It certainly was a beautiful night and the outside seating was packed. If I were running the restaurant I would handle it like this "oh we are very busy would you like to wait outside with a glass of wine while we see if we can accommodate you"? they eventually did find a seat for us and the atmosphere is excellent. Got asparagus wrapped in Prosuitto which was very good. My entre was Risotto, Milanese, Astice e Gambero Lobster and shrimp Risotto which was one of the best meals I have had in Saratoga. My wife had Cacio e Pepe (Spagetti in creamy pecorino and cracked pepper). I can see why it was a house favorite. The wood fired pizzas looked and smelled amazing. Although I know this place has been open a short period of time if they work out their greetings, a little better service this will easily be the go to spot for Italian food in Saratoga. Highly recommend a reservation and Tavern Novo will be a five star experience for you!

Patricia N, Owner at Taverna Novo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your review! Unfortunately, alcohol is not permitted on the front porch area, or we certainly would have done as you suggested. I am pleased we were able to shift things around a bit in order to accommodate your party. Yes, we are very new and, as such, your feedback is both appreciated and recognized. We are pleased that you had a good experience, despite the minor hiccup! We hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Attended the Beekman Street Fair today and decided to stop in and have some pizza and wine, which were both delicious and yummy.

Definitely a must-see and eat place if you're in Saratoga or the surrounding areas

Patricia N, Owner at Taverna Novo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words! So glad you enjoyed!