“Got to Dance”

National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum solely dedicated to American professional dance featuring the permanent exhibition of Mr. & Mrs. Cornelius Vanderbilt Whitney Hall of Fame, which recognizes those who have influenced America's dance heritage.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

What fun. We entered the museum and took a "self-guided" tour of athletes and how sports and dance are similar. There was Gene Kelley with Mickey Mantle; Gene Kelley throwing a football with a football star; Gene Kelley with a famous golfer, famous basketball player, etc...my spouse knew all the athletes by sight; I recognized their names. All of it was exciting and all I kept thinking was I wish I had my 13 year old "jock" grandson with us. He would have had a blast.
There was so much to see: clips from old movies from the 1920s to the present of actors/dancers, dancing. (Both of us loved seeing all the dancing.) There was a section of costumes and so much that we didn't see. We are going back.

All reviews
"visual"
"art"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Jo at the Dance Museum inspired my daughter to have her wedding ceremony and reception there! The foyer is a beautiful space for a ceremony and we are doing a tent in the courtyard

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My kids are dancers and stopped by while exploring the nearby state park. In so glad that we did. This small museum is extremely well done. The kids interactive area was a family hit. The sports dancing exhibit was a best surprise. We loved seeing that aspect of the arts properly represented. Tuesday is free admission, but you could leave a donation. Great place for families traveling with kids to the Saratoga Springs area.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I went there for my nephews wedding and it was beautiful. From the outside to the inside spotless and well manicured.
A perfect spot to get married in.

1  Thank jeannine130