“What a pleasant surprise”
Review of Osteria Danny

Osteria Danny
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Description: A small, Italian-American eatery in the heart of Saratoga Springs, New York with an evolving menu to match the palate of Chef Danny, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients when available. Come as friends, leave as family.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Appetizer and bar hopping in Saratoga led us to our last stop of the evening at Osteria Danny. It’s somewhat off the beaten path. OMG you have to go. It’s small, probably hard to get into ( we stopped by late) but it’s well worth it. The meatballs, eggplant and shrimp appetizers were to die for. Wait staff was not shy to make recommendations which we gratefully accepted. Can’t recommend it highly enough. Will have to return for dinner!

2  Thank davidanderson2018

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Visited last evening for dinner. Found the service to be attentive and the quality of the food to be excellent. The prosciutto wrapped monkfish was among the most flavorful meals I’ve ever had.

1  Thank jebber23
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant never disappoints, everything from the bread to dessert is outstanding! My husband had the meatballs for an appetizer and the veal parmigiana for his entree. Both were wonderful. I had Patty’s salad and the bolognese, which was perfect! The new dessert, an Italian donut, was truly incredible with caramel sauce, whipped cream and strawberries.
If you are in Saratoga don’t miss this gem of a restaurant with its friendly staff and a menu of endless outstanding choices!

1  Thank Lamilano
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Osteria Danny is still among the best that the greater Saratoga area has to offer. Always consistently great food, drinks and service.

1  Thank abarasol
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Made resverations 3 weeks in advance for our wedding anniversary. They gave us a very good table in the rear of the restaurant. This place is very TIGHT and a bit noisy. I ordered the scallops and my husband had the veal danny. Both protiens were beyond excellent. HOWEVER the risotto that accompanied my scallops was nothing short of cold and my husband's cheddar potatoes were barely warm. After waiting almost 15 minutes they brought out regular potatoes for my husband and hot risotto for me. We had already eaten the protien so it was kind of a letdown that this wonderful dinner had to be eaten the way we did. We had the delicious coconut pie for dessert.

May return in the future to give it a second chance.