US$100
US$126
Wenton Motel(Saugerties)
US$88
  • Free Internet
The Village Inn(Saugerties)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$160
US$239
US$126
HIExpress.com
Agoda.com
All reviewsturn down servicecomplimentary wine and cheeseradiant heatbeautiful venuemini barclassical music playinglovely roomhudson valleygreat showerview from the balconyheated floorsquaint hotelfolded nicelydeluxe kinghandwritten notetake turnsearly april
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I was there for a fundraising dinner. Everthing was very good and the hotel was spotless. The whole evening entire staff the was great. Everyone was very nice, friendly and helpful. Afterwards several of us went over to the tavern. It was also nice and cozy too. Once again the staff was great. I would say that drinks are a slight bit over priced for the "average" person, so keep that in mind. It was a cold night and not once during dinner or at the tavern was I cold. The evening view of the falls was so beautiful...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2013

A small hotel overlooking the waterfall with big beautiful rooms, heated bathroom floors and a bed you may never leave completely surprised us! A beautiful restaurant on premises and a cozy bar as well. An awesome place to run away for some antique shopping and relaxing. The husband called the hotel demanding to know what pillows they use. Wonderful service with chocolate on my pillows. I'll be back!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This is an excellent hotel, very nicely appointed with attentive staff. All rooms overlook the falls and must be spectacular in the springtime, or warmer weather. I was there with my wife in mid Feb, to go skiing at the nearby resorts...so our stays on the balcony were limited. But I can imagine that this would be the perfect place for a spring or fall wedding. A very nice restaurant and event space is attached to the hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Renfrod
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stayed here for one night in January, a short romantic getaway. Diamond Mills is a very nice boutique hotel. We stayed in a King Deluxe room, and I loved the comfy bed (great pillows!), and great view of Esopus Falls (apparently all rooms have a view of the falls). I would have enjoyed the view from the balcony if it had been a bit warmer too. Saugerties is a cute town, and most of the shops and restaurants are a short walk (5-7 min) from the hotel.
Overall pros:
- radiant heat in the bathroom, this makes a huge difference to your feet in the winter!
- Big room, great bed, linens, plush robe.
- Nice thoughtful touches, like there was actual fresh milk in the fridge (complementary) for the in-room coffee maker, not that crappy non-dairy creamer you see so many places.
- Free continental breakfast in the lobby had actual yummy pastries (croissants and scones were really good!) plus yogurt, cereal.
- Hotel was very quiet, did not hear other guests at all (although it seemed like occupancy was low, so take this with a grain of salt).
Very minor cons:
- shower was low-flow, so the pressure was kind of nil.
- the room was pretty big but it felt sort of empty - it needed another chair or loveseat to fill up the space
- the staff, while friendly and polite, was very firm about the 11 am checkout (they even called our room at 10:55 when we hadn't checked out yet to remind us), this despite the fact that the hotel was fairly empty.
- only one table to sit at to eat breakfast in the lobby - I was fine enjoying my coffee and croissant in an easy chair, but if this place gets busy I imagine that area will get crowded fast.

We did not eat at the adjacent tavern but the menu looked good. FYI, despite the name, it seems pretty fancy, not a tavern at all really. We had dinner in Woodstock at Bear Cafe which was terrific, and had lunch at Miss Lucy's Kitchen right up the hill from the hotel, also recommended. And don't miss the chocolate place right next to the hotel, they had great stuff, and good to bring back to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ice maker is loud, try to avoid a room right near it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DanaM42
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at Diamond Mills. My husband and I spent New Year's Eve in Saugerties and loved our visit. We were greeted by the very friendly, attentive staff who checked us in and took time to tell us about the hotel and the area. We were shown to our room which was beautifully decorated with radiant heat in the bathroom floors that I now want at home! We stepped out on the balcony to find the waterfall beautifully lit with a blue toned light. A short time later a knock at our door was a member of the staff bringing us a flower and chocolates for the evening. There were robes neatly put out on the bed, complimentary bottles of water in the mini bar to use with the in-room Keurig (for which the hotel also supplied tea much to the delight of someone like me who does not drink coffee).

We had drinks and a light meal at The Tavern, the restaurant at the hotel. The food was excellent and all of the staff we met were warm and welcoming. Our entire stay felt like we were among friends.

I am excited to visit again and thank everyone at Diamond Mills for doing so much to make our stay special.

• Stayed: December 2012