Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$211
Comfort InnUS$211
TripadvisorUS$211
eDreams
PricelineUS$211
Lol.travelUS$254
All reviews yogurt coffee maker larry hunter skiing linens
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2020 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here the night before driving up to Hunter mountain for some snowboarding action. She loved the king room and I was kind of impressed as well. Now just to be clear this is your typical, just off the interstate, type motel/hotel. You can't just walk out the door and get a nice meal, unless you like gas station food. However, just about 2-5 minute drive away you will find some strip mall type stuff then slowly getting better as you enter Saugerties. There is a great craft beer market on the way to downtown! Downtown, look for a row of boutique type of shops and restaurants. There is a famous burger night on Wednesdays at a certain excellent restaurant/bar with $7 burgers and choice of sides. I must say, one of the best burgers I have had in New York. Period!
Okay, so the room and hotel. Friendly people at the front. Clean spacious rooms with a big flat screen and lots of channels. Plenty of kids type channels as well. The bed was pretty dam good! The swimming pool was clean and warm and the hotel provided towels.
Now on to the breakfast. To be fair most "included" breakfasts in the United States are just aweful and contribute to obesity and global warming. This was no exception but I was able to scrap together a low grade egg sausage sandwich that kind of worked. Let's see, choices of sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar cold hard boiled eggs, commercial yogurt. To be healthy, stick with the boiled egg and water. No... better yet, stick with water.
Over all I would stay here again. A well run budget hotel.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
comfortinnsaugerties, Hotel Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Hello Jon,

Thank you very much for your compliments of our hotel.
We are excited to read such a wonderful comment about your stay.
It is heartening to hear the satisfaction of our guests.
The entire hotel team will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With best wishes,
Comfort Inn Saugerties

Reviewed 13 December 2019

Good value for the money! Keep in mind that it's a Comfort Inn and for what you pay, it's solid. It's well located right off the highway. There's a McDonalds, grocery store/pharmacy nearby and Saugerties has some interesting restaurants that we've taken out from. We get a refrigerator in the room without having to make a special request but microwave is in main kitchen but available for use. Rooms are standardized and beds are comfortable. We didn't use the pool this time but it's usually quite nice although the "hot tub" is connected to the heated pool so it's not as warm was my kids are used to. Everything is clean. Breakfast is free (hot scrambled egg patties and sausage patties, 3 different kinds of cereal, hard boiled eggs, make your waffles, pastries/bread, yogurt, fresh fruit and coffee) - personally, i'd rather go to McDonald's and grab an egg McMuffin. Check in was easy and it's a solid place to stay on your way to Hunter Mtn.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank AdventureKA
comfortinnsaugerties, Hotel Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Hello Guest,

It is wonderful to hear that your stay at the Comfort Inn Saugerties was a nice experience.
Thanks to you for appreciating our staff, room, amenities, and breakfast.
We are overwhelmed and privileged to have guests like you.
Needless to say, we look forward to seeing you back with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2019

I've waited almost a week for a reply to the email I sent to hotel management, so am posting here
My husband and I along with our daughter checked in the evening of 10/15 and checked out on 10/18. We flew into LaGuardia, picked up a rental car and our daughter and drove up to celebrate our daughter's 25th birthday in the Catskills. The hotel itself was decent, check in was a breeze, breakfast was ok, location was good for what we wanted to do. We didn't use the pool or exercise room, so I have nothing to say about either. The door to our room was a tad small for the frame, so the noise from the hallway was disruptive.

Here is where the problem lies:
On the morning of the 16th, I saw a housekeeper in the hallway. I asked her if I could get some shampoo, conditioner and towels and that she didn't need to clean our room or make our beds. She didn't have any washcloths on her car and told me she could bring them to our room when laundry was done. I told her I could get them later, but she insisted it was no big deal and she would just put them in the bathroom. The last thing I said to her as I walked in our room was "seriously, you don't need to clean our room or make our beds. I rarely make the bed at home." She said okay. When we returned that evening our beds were made, the bathroom was cleaned, the trash cans were empty, and our drinks were gone along with our daughter's birthday card that contained cash was also gone. She left us a note telling us "I couldn't help myself. I had to make them. Enjoy your stay. LOL" The card was in the envelope and was on the table along with my bag and some other things. My first thought was she threw it in the garbage thinking it was trash. We immediately went to the front desk and asked where the trash goes and the man pointed us to the dumpsters. We searched thru as many bags as we could reach, in the rain, but didn't find it. The bags are clear and the envelope was pink. Once I thought about it though, she would've known there was something in the envelope. When you pick up an envelope you know if it's empty or not. The next day we spoke to the manager and explained what happened. We didn't accuse her of stealing it. He really didn't have much to say. The next day he asked our daughter to come in the office. He told her he took $110 off the bill ($100 for the cash and $10 for the card) and that if the housekeeper couldn't prove what happened to the card, he was going to fire her. Now, taking the $110 off the bill was a nice gesture, but our daughter wasn't paying the bill. We gave her the $100. There are several things wrong here. I asked her to NOT clean our room/make the beds, and she said she would just put the washcloths in the bathroom. She didn't do what I asked or what she said she would do. 2. Drinks and a birthday card with cash were not in our room when we got back. I don't know what happened to them, so I can't say if she took them or if she threw them in the trash. Regardless, things that belonged to us were not in our room when we got back. 3. No response to my email from management.

Date of stay: October 2019
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Again I would like to apologize for this incident.
It was not expected of this employee to due what you said occurred.
She never has a complaint against her in the past.
As I told you the hotel had no other option but to terminate this
employee for cleaning your room and removing the card. I understand that
you told the employee not to do anything but add washcloths.She disobeyed
your instructions. The Comfort Inn is very sorry for this incident.

Reviewed 30 July 2019

Me and my boyfriend had a long drive so we wanted to sleep in for one night only before going on the road the next day.

The desk clerk gave us the cheapest room that was left and it came up to 193$ + tax for the night. After seeing the expensive charge, I've requested another room but there were none. At this price, I would have expected a big large room. But we came in and the room wasn't cleaned from the last clients before us. One of the double beds was not done and the garbage was not taken away. We were exhausted that night so we slept on the other "clean" bed and didn't go back to the reception desk to switch for another room.

Needless to say that we were very disappointed with the room that were given to us for the amount of money paid even though the desk clerk had a professional behavior.

We will never return to this establishment.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Relax115808
comfortinnsaugerties, Hotel Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Comfort Inn Saugerties and the comments.
I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable.
Our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences.
We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down.
You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time.
Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 28 July 2019

I've used the Saugerties Comfort Inn for many years , when visiting family members who live in Saugerties. The hotel was the ONLY one around in town. Well there's a 'New KID' on the block. A Holiday Inn is opening just across the road from them in August 2019. The present CI was OK. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, room service good. The A/C units are pretty quiet and work well.The breakfast Room is getting to show it's age. The cabinets are old and not very appealing. It's not a large service area . It can get very crowded when folks come in for breakfast and seating could become a problem. I''m sure the new Holiday Inn will have much better accommodations. I'm also sure the breakfast will have more amenities than CI has now. If prices for overnight stays are compatible, I'll chose the new Holiday inn any time.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Den C
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2019

I am pleased that you are a loyal customer of our hotel and we have met all of you needs for all of these years.We are also please that a new hotel in opening in Saugerties because there is a need for additional accommodations in the area.
Please give the new hotel a try and we know you will be back in the future
to stay with us..