“Superb Meal and Great Services”
Review of Chez Nous

Chez Nous
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Nous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 296 Restaurants in Schenectady
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We were dropping off our son at nearby Union College and came here for dinner with another family. Expecting just a simple French bistro, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service of this establishment.

Every dish we ordered, from the steamed mussels to grilled halibut to duck breast and lamb chops, was perfectly cooked and fabulously presented. And the wine suggested by the waiter was a perfect match for all the plates. We were the only table being served outside that evening and both the host and waiter were very attentive throughout.

This was by far the best meal we had that week when we traveled throughout upstate New York. It was too bad that it was closed for the rest of the Labor Day weekend or we would have returned the next day.

ChezNousSchenectady, Owner at Chez Nous, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thanks so much for your kind comments. We're grateful that you felt you received the experience we strive to give all our guests. We love serving the Union College community and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Visiting from Boston we made a last minute reservations at Chez Nous on a Friday night...what a surprise to find this hidden gem on Union Street in Schenectady. Chez Nous could easily compete with the best of Boston.

Our waiter Michael was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful with the menu choices. His suggestion of the frenched cut pork chop was excellent. The basil-taragon honey reduction and whiskey sauce was good enough to drink! My wife had the halibut in a molasses soy sauce and said it was outstanding. The quality of the fish and the blending of flavors made for a memorable dish.

The restaurant was lovely with beautiful artwork, comfortable seating and an outdoor patio. Worth the road trip. We hope to return next time in the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We arrived at Chez Nous from suggestions made by friends. Our dinner was fantastic! Ryan provided wonderful service and Heather Chestnut ,the owner , was delightful! WHAT A GREAT NEW ATTRACTION FOR SCHENECTADY! We I'll certainly return!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I showed up without reservations on a Friday evening. I felt under dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, and said so to the hostess. I learned she was a co-proprietor, and quickly comforted me as she seated us, saying all was fine, and she'd "feed us well tonight." And that she did. From the bread service to dessert, everything was perfect. The ambience and service great too.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because we heard it was good. What a disappointment. Our server never mentioned that there were specials that evening. We ordered and then later heard him listing the evenings specials. I ordered the escargot. It was so bland. I couldn't even tell what kind of sauce it was in. My companions vichyssoise was also bland. He said my vichyssoise was better. I ordered mussels. They were plentiful but many of them were gritty. Companion had steak with rosemary. It was grilled and the Rosemary was burned so that was the only flavor that came through. Desserts were ok. Very disappointed.