“Tres bon!”
Review of Chez Nous

Chez Nous
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Nous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 296 Restaurants in Schenectady
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I chose to dine at Chez Nous for the first time on a slow, mid-week evening. Only a few tables were occupied by 6:30 pm, but we were warmly welcomed and were promptly attended to by our waiter. The choice of complimentary still or sparkling water was a nice plus, and we were given sufficient time to peruse the food and drink options - along with the big board of nightly specials. My wife opted for the Prix Fixe fare - a great deal for the price - while I selected from the entree list; she chose Beef Bourguignon while I chose the Duck Leg Confit. Both were very good, but don't expect a lot of meat on the duck leg. The wine list had numerous French selections by the glass or bottle, with reasonable prices.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Food was very good but very expensive. Service extremely slow. Dinner reservation for 6:15 and didn’t get our dinner until after 9 with no explanation.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had tickets at Proctors Theater and decided to look for a restaurant that we ever ate in. In addition, we wanted something special since my birthday was on Sunday- all reviews were excellent.
We arrived and they put us on the 2 nd floor- I explained that my husband’s knee was bad- “take it or leave it - we are all filled”.
Bad start, we did not order wine as we had a show to attend in 2 hours. They were not happy. We shared a large caesars salad which was ok.
Then our entrees arrived an hour later- I had duck confit- it was tasteless and all fat.awful, my husband had boulibasse- tasteless - the broth was awful-
We asked for something to add to it- they gave him raw onions and salt

They never returned.
We mentioned it was my birthday- to no avail.
They were not affable.
Rated a 0
We will never return

Terry Moskowitz

1  Thank Terry M
ChezNous2, Manager at Chez Nous, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Terry. We’re sorry to have let you and your husband down, especially on such a special occasion as a birthday. We strive to make sure that all of our guests feel welcome and have 5-star experience when they join us, but it sounds like we missed the mark when you dined with us. We are saddened to hear you describe our food in such negative terms, as the majority of guests tend to love our menu options. Regardless, Chez Nous strives to provide an excellent experience for our guests, and we will make sure to take your feedback into account.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Disappointed. Expected more. Missed the scallops with mushrooms. The lobster cake was good. The monk fish was bland. The service was slow. We have eaten here many times and have had much better food.

1  Thank 121,617
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Stopped in without a reservation the other night and had dinner at the bar. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. One of the servers, Chris always makes it a point to come over and say hello even if you are just at the bar having a drink. We had the lobster Napoleon as an appetizer and for our entrees we had the Dover sole and the Filet Mignon. The plate presentation and the flavors were excellent. We will definitely be going back. Love the bartender as well. Always friendly and attentive
Thank you for another great night.

ChezNous2, Manager at Chez Nous, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Eric - thank you so much for both your review and patronage! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience with us, and will pass along your comments to Chris.