“Oysters...In the Catskills?”

J. Roccos Steakhouse and speakeasy
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Shandaken
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Hell yeah!!! Delivered Fresh! My wife and I reluctantly ordered oysters one afternoon after hiking. Have had them every time since. Always fresh and delicious. The burgers are the best in the Catskills and steaks are Manhattan steakhouse quality. Your gonna forget your in the country. They have a great selection of beer and single malt whiskeys. We have been here a half dozen times. Every time food is Great!

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We just wanted a decent dinner without the fanfar, this is the place. Nice outdoor dining, overlooking the creek. I had the ribs, very good, my partner had a catfish sandwich, he loved it. The service was okay, nice beer selection.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

we love going to J Roccos, because its really "family friendly" (read - you can drink beer and let your kids roam free) - but more importantly, its dog friendly. They've got picnic tables out back, looking over the Esopus. Oh yea, the prime rib sandwich is amazing.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We resently had a birthday party for our brother Jay ( j. C. ) a chief at at tavern 214,at Rocco's on June 14, I am telling you what if you like your chicken or ribs smoked on the grill.....this is the place to go unbelievable!! Chris Brian and owner Eric did a outstanding job. The new bartender war sharp as a tack. we were impressed with the outside dinning ,picnic tables also...just below the deck( WITH )chairs near the stream. a fire pit going....oh my gosh it's unbelievable take the whole family !! Book your next birthday party there...it was inside-outside how cool is that? my newfews Konnor and Alex went fishing while everyone mingled.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I have to say I am a local and was highly disappointed. The service was on point and the view of the creek and mountains are always nice. However was very upset when there was hair found in my peel and eat shrimp and in my entire plate of fried calamari. Now I can deal with a stray hair from time to time( it happens) , but when the server told me it was from a 200 lbs dog I was in shock. That is a serious health code violation and am very upset about it. Needless to say I will not be returning.