“Creative farm to market”
Review of Red Zebra

Red Zebra
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Description: Red Zebra is taking a modern look at Italian food with produce from our local farm partners. Hand-cut pastas, delicious sandwiches with fresh baked breads, Italian small-batch wines, craft cocktails and micro beers from US and Italy. All of our pastas, breads, stocks and sauces are made in house. Our food, like our favorite tomato, is beautiful on the outside, deep and flavorful on the inside. A striped beauty with no equal.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived early Friday for dinner - starving. Service was immediate and my server helped me through the menu - every dish is basically one-of-a-kind with fresh local ingredients. Menu leans Italian, but there is lots of variety. Burrata salad was amazing. As is typical in NY, portion sizes are generous. Good wine, great dessert - hazelnut ice cream with a shot of espresso. Overall service was very nice, so I definitely will go back.

1  Thank fjsalek

Reviewed 1 August 2017

went here recently when our first choice was unavailable. Warmly greeted and seated in the front part of the restaurant. Good choice as t here was a crying/ornery child in the rear of the establishment. Anyway, the server was very good-explained the specials and the dishes and was very timely with the service. Talk with the manager, Neil and that was a pleasant touch. Very much enjoyed the lamb sandwich and the roasted eggplant. Very delicious. Just wished there was more choices for entrees as we are not big pasta eaters. Plan to return but don't see this as a regular place unless there are several more choices-given the interesting meal we had, it should not be difficult to have the chef create a few more.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Had such a lovely dinner here with my mother in law the other night. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by Neil the owner. He welcomed us and offer our choice of inside or patio. The service staff was friendly and authentic and happy to give their favorite recommendations which my MIL found were spot on in both wine and food. Portions were very good and not too large. I had the mushroom alfredo which was light and airy; in a word... divine - not oily or to heavy at all. Topped it all off with a delightful warm bourbon cake. Great atmosphere, service and overall experience. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Edavies2389
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Red Zebra on Beekman Ave in Sleepy Hollow has replaced Finlamente. Nice ambiance. Decent service. And a table visit from proprietor Neil contributed to a positive overall experience.

I recommend the calamari appetizer which was very tasty, but not the meatballs which very bland.

I ordered the lasagna which was very good (and filling!) and my wife ordered the trout, which to me was bland and tasteless, but she enjoyed it.

If I could give this restaurant 3.5 stars I would, but I'm optimistic they'll get to four by my next visit.

Neil B, Owner at Red Zebra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Thanks for the review. We do look forward to having you back to try some other items from our expanded summer menu!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

I just held a private event at the Red Zebra, and I couldn't be more pleased. It was mid-afternoon so the menu only included appetizers -- marinated olives, fried calamari, mozzarella poppers, meatballs, etc. Every dish was delicious. The bar offered a great selection of wines. The wait staff and bartender were attentive and accommodating. Thanks to owner Neil for helping us plan this last-minute gathering. I look forward to stopping by for dinner next time I'm in Sleepy Hollow.

1  Thank SusanJay23
Neil B, Owner at Red Zebra, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

We were only too happy to accommodate your wonderful family and friends. Thank you so much for your kind words and we do look forward to seeing you again sometime.