“Great neighborhood restaurant”

Tomo Asian Bistro
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Slingerlands
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great food, great service, always accomodating and a nice atmosphere, this makes for a great evening out. Good for families, friends, couples or solo.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We ordered from the lunch menu on the last pages. We chose bento boxes which included soup, salad, shumai, California rolls, and the main course. One of us is allergic to shellfish so the waitress substituted veggie dumplings for the shumai and rolls. I didn't want the rolls so she offered extra shumai. The meals were flavorful and generous. We will surely return for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

we were a party of 4. all ordered miso soup except myself i ordered tom sha a coconut based soup with shrimp. the miso soups came but not mine. i also ordered an uni as an appetizer. other appetizers came out calamari, shumai and the shrimp tempura. still no uni or soup. hardly before my party were half through with appetizers along came entrees and still no uni or soup for me. but my entree was now delivered.waitress was offended when i asked for my entree to be kept warm until i finished my appetizers i had not even got yet,OH BOYanywas when i did get my entree the bed of noodles no longer existed on the plate. very poor waitress. she took away some of the joy of the occassionn

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I come to this restaurant frequently (and get takeout). I am always impressed with how fresh all the fish, meat, and vegetables are. I guess I shouldn't be because the owners are always going back and forth to Chinatown and work extremely hard to get the best of the best ingredients. The service is fantastic. We plan to come to check out the live music on Wednesday!!!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

After a minor delivery order issue (GrubHub's fault, not the restaurant), it was a great meal. Their customer service was outstanding in resolving the order issue, and that alone garners a great review since so few places truly go above and beyond in that area of service. The delivery was actually early (another plus!) after the restaurant proactively reached out to inform me of the order issue.

On to the food, everything was fantastic! The spicy tuna roll was the perfect portion size and the right level of spicy. The egg roll was your standard egg roll; however, I liked that they provided a small container of sauce rather than typical packets, as it made it much easier to dip. The chicken pad thai was great, with lots of white-meat chicken and the ideal amount of flavor throughout. It seemed much more traditional than some other pad thai I've eaten at other places in the area. The portion size was generous, leaving enough for another meal.

Definitely will be going back again!