“Large group experts with great food”

Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in Smithtown
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Landing Avenue
Reviewed 24 December 2015

For the second year in a row our family had dinner here on a Saturday night the week before Christmas. Last year 10 people, this year 12. Each year our group included three kids.
1) I was able to book on Open Table, which is very convenient. And they accommodated a same-day change in number easily (from 11 to 12) when I called the restaurant.
2) We never had to look around for our server when drink refills were needed. She came by regularly to check on us.
3) The food is delicious, there is a good deal of variety, generous portions, and the service is rather quick. All of us ordered from the regular menu and had salads, pasta, chicken dishes. Everything was tasty.
4) There was no gratuity automatically added to the bill, which some restaurants still do for groups over 6 or 8. We tip generously (more than any automatic tip) and appreciate not being surprised by having an additional amount already showing when presented with the bill.
5) We have eaten here with smaller groups as well (3 or 4 people) and everything runs just as well then.
I highly recommend Butera's of Smithtown for Italian dining, tasty and creative food selections, and value for your money. The staff is very courteous, the atmosphere is comfortable, and you can park in back of the restaurant in a large lot. If we lived on Long Island we would visit more regularly.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Love meeting friends for lunch for the specials--they do not rush you and service is always good as others have said in their reviews--nice ambience

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

What an outstanding dining experience. I can't believe I have never been here before. The food is outstanding and the ambiance unique and warm. The service. ...terrific, or waitress Kristin was on target with her service and recommendations. My buccatelli and seafood pasta was fabulous. The tilapia seasoned perfectly and the seafood lasagna was spectacular. Thank you Kristin for a fabulous evening!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 27 October 2015

The food here is wonderful. The staff is welcoming and pleasant. One of the best Italian restaurants I've been to.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I love meeting my friends here for lunch. They have great lunch specials and the food and service is always good. It can get a bit noisy at times especially if they have a party going on at the same time.

Date of visit: September 2015