For the second year in a row our family had dinner here on a Saturday night the week before Christmas. Last year 10 people, this year 12. Each year our group included three kids.
1) I was able to book on Open Table, which is very convenient. And they accommodated a same-day change in number easily (from 11 to 12) when I called the restaurant.
2) We never had to look around for our server when drink refills were needed. She came by regularly to check on us.
3) The food is delicious, there is a good deal of variety, generous portions, and the service is rather quick. All of us ordered from the regular menu and had salads, pasta, chicken dishes. Everything was tasty.
4) There was no gratuity automatically added to the bill, which some restaurants still do for groups over 6 or 8. We tip generously (more than any automatic tip) and appreciate not being surprised by having an additional amount already showing when presented with the bill.
5) We have eaten here with smaller groups as well (3 or 4 people) and everything runs just as well then.
I highly recommend Butera's of Smithtown for Italian dining, tasty and creative food selections, and value for your money. The staff is very courteous, the atmosphere is comfortable, and you can park in back of the restaurant in a large lot. If we lived on Long Island we would visit more regularly.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.