“Babysitting”

Insignia Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Insignia Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Couldn't have had a better time, every thing was perfect. Valet parking was kind enough to keep our car very close so I could come back out for the baby sit once we saw what type of table we had. We had our 10 month old grand daughter for the weekend. She is small for her age and although they have baby sits, we brought our own to make her feel at home. The two waiters were excellent with their service. While rushed because one is never sure with an infant, the food was still excellently prepared. She had sliders and french fries, my wife had a Cesar salad and stuffed shrimp, while I dined on oysters, Chilean sea bass and a house salad. We were relieved to see other babies also being seated as well as a large family next to us with three young girls which our grand daughter took an attraction to them as they did her. No time for desert or coffee as we got the signal from her it was time to go.
She behave just like a lady, no noises or fussing around. We'll have to do this again.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I don't mind spending a lot on a meal as long as it's good.... I have had better steaks elsewhere... the sushi rolls are very good but overpriced... the atmosphere at the bar is the only reason I return to this place... great wine list too.
If your looking for great... try a different restaurant

1  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Were there on a Sat evening and the service was great as is all the food, Raw Clams, Sushi, Shrimp Cocktail were all great apps and the scallops, bone in Fillet Mignon as well as the rib eyes were all perfectly cooked as ordered. On the expensive side but you will get what you pay for.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I have been coming to this restaurant for years. I would say it used to be the best steakhouse on the island. The last few times I visited it wasn't as good as in the past. I would guess they cut corners on the quality food they use. The sushi is still excellent but the seafood and steaks are just average. For the price you pay here the food needs to be top notch. Its still a beautiful space to visit but don't expect unforgettable food.

1  Thank Tiff5LI
Reviewed 21 March 2017

The loudest fine restaurant I have ever been in. The prices are over the top, and you sit in a massive type 'hall'.
Better to stick to the sister restaurant 'Blackstone's' which is 20 minutes west.
The steak was good, but not any better than other steakhouses on Long Island.

1  Thank James B