“Food ok, drinks pricey, staff not so great.”

Napper Tandy's Irish Pub
Ranked #36 of 113 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 30 October 2017

It's a bar. Not much to expect. But we ate dinner before seeing a band on a Saturday night and we were still expected to pay the cover charge ($10 per person). And this was after spending almost $200 in the restaurant on mediocre food. When I said something to the bouncer, he rudely said "take it up with the boss." Really? I dont know who the boss is, so maybe he could have pointed him out? Just grabbed the money, no apology, nothing. I wont be eating there again. And the drinks were way overpriced. It would have been nice if the waitress wrote down our orders so she didn't have to come back 5 times to confirm what we wanted over and over again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Went there for lunch for the first time. Wow my husband and I were amazed! The servings were so big we had to take some home. I ordered Gorgonzola salad but they didn't have any Gorgonzola.Well that was ok because I had it with so much feta cheese, pecans with raspberry vinaigrette and coconut shrimp.Oh my delicious! They are not shy with the pork sliders appetizers. 3 of them and huge delicious. The cod fish wrap could have had some kind of dressing but still delicious. The buffalo bits were also delicious and so much food for an appetizer. Great assortment of beers! The most important was our bartender and waitress who was the same person I guess because it was a early Tuesday lunch! I wish I remembered her name ( above the shoulder length brown hair). She was absolutely so attentative with a great personality and smile. She never missed a beat from the time of setting our dishes, napkins, utensils, taking out orders , serving, and meticulously cleaning up. I even saw her washing her hands with her own antiseptic soap. You don't see that often at all! I found out they they have a private back room for private parties that I will remember. The bartender waitress even gave us a tour. I will remember this. She was so respectful and pleasant

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We came over to LI for the day and stopped here for lunch. The food was great! I had the fish taco's which were fantastic and two of my companions had the corned beef sandwich and said it was great! Would definitely come here again!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I had my daughter's holy communion here and it was awesome! We had about 85 people, so they gave us half of the place, the one with the big bar, dance floor and stage! The kids had a great time dancing and partying to the DJ. I've been here to watch some football games, but I didn't expect to have such a great time with their party. They let us bring in centerpieces and they had a desert/candy cart which we obviously had to do. The cake was from Alpine bakery and they staff was so attentive and polite. The changes the lighting color on the walls to pink for my daughter. She loved it!
I definitely recommend having a party here, even if it's for a kid.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

This restaurant serves a pleasant assortment of sandwiches and wraps. On a recent visit, the sandwiches were large and the fries were crisp, but chicken Parmesan was a bit tough. Thebeef barley soup was tasty. Nice service.