“Cute restaurant in boring Southampton”
Review of Le Charlot

Le Charlot
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Charlot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 170 Restaurants in Southampton
Reviewed 28 December 2017

The dining scene of Southampton is totally uninspired but Le Charlot makes a great case to come to Southampton for dinner or lunch! I love everything I've tried on the menu, my favorites have to be the lamb chops with saffron risotto and croque madame for lunch. For starters, their salad are great, a big bowl of mussels to share are to die for and fresh. The only place around I am faithful enough to order a steak tartare.

Service is very present and insightful. A professional staff from bussers to waiters. In typical "me" fashion I once made a reservation for the wrong day. A table was set within minutes!

They have good beverage selections here from beer and wine to spirits. Nice wine list with a variety of price points and plenty of standbys for Bordeaux and Burgundy. Pommery Champagne by the glass! Also great coffee/cappuccinos and I always order a virgin Mary at lunchtime.

Overall delicious with a great ambiance. The booths are so comfortable and so are the chairs. In the summer I love the outside table next to the plant, in the winter I like the booth in the corner.

My favorite restaurant of the whole Hamptons!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stopped for a late lunch the other day and sat outside to enjoy the warmth of the afternoon sun and take in the ambiance of Southampton on a quiet afternoon. Although the service was a bit slow (but so were we that day), we savored the Belgium Endives & Pear Salad (with Roquefort cheese and walnuts) and the Moules Marinieres (mussels prepared with leeks and white wine, very traditional French recipe, and served with pommes frites, of course). The glass of house Pinot Noir was the perfect complement to our lazy and luxurious meal. We enjoy this restaurant very much and it's always such a delight to visit here when the village is quieter and the pace of life slows down to thoroughly enjoy a long and leisurely lunch.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The meal was fine, the prices rather less so. One of those restaurants that seems a little pleased with itself. Service OK, and convenient location.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We had a light lunch at Charlot's. Light in weight but heavy on price.
We chose the Salade Nicoise which was very good with very high quality tuna, but way too expensive at $24.00!

To cap it all we were charged $12:00 + tax for a bottle of sparkling water! When I queried it , I was told that that was the price. This makes it the most expensive water in the world. Not even the Savoy in London charges this much!!

Overall, whilst the food is good, you feel somewhat "fleeced" in the pricing, which in the end leaves a bitter taste!
Service was slow to boot!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We just had lunch at le Charlot and were very disappointed. I had a smoked salmon salad made with mostly iceberg lettuce and my husband had a burger which was served with cheddar instead of Swiss cheese as he requested but the fries were ice cold.
Then when he asked to speak to the manager he refused to come over to us. Why waste your money here.