“Breakfast with a friend”
Review of Lydia's Cafe

Lydia's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Stone Ridge
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Description: Casual dining in a cozy, friendly environment. Home cooking. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering, bakery. Open for dinner Friday & Saturday. Live Jazz Saturday nights. Crispy Duck specialty. Wedding cakes and special occasion cakes.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This cafe is very homey & friendly. Partial self service & main course via server. Eggs & home fries were good. My friend said her pancakes were “so-so”! A bit pricey for breakfast, but we had a nice visit.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

For a tiny village, Stone Ridge has a surprising number of amenities. And Lydia's is one of them. This modest restaurant turns out really tasty food. The crispy duck is wonderful; my wife really enjoyed the salmon. Portions are generous. But what earns this place the fifth star is live Saturday night jazz. Not up for dinner? Just sit at the bar and enjoy the music.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Four of us went for dinner on a Friday night. It's small, so I recommend reservations on Fridays or Saturdays (the only two dinner nights). Their decor is diner simple - nothing fancy or romantic about this place. That said, we were greeted and seated immediately. Our waitress was friendly, informative and professional and made us feel welcome in this small restaurant.

I had the Shrimp Bisque as my appetizer and Pan Blackened Salmon for my entree. They were both very good, very flavorful and served hot. The portions were large for the cost.

If you are interested in good food at a fair price and don't care much about decor or view - go here.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

This delightful restaurant, music venue is always reaching to surpass itself. As a local I absolutely adore it. The food is always good and the music scene a treat. Wish these folks well with their wonderful venture

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This is an update on my prior review-- just had another delicious dinner at Lydia's. You really cannot beat the duck, which is out of this world. It's offered as a weekly special on Friday nights. If you like duck, as well as great home cooked food, check out this restaurant.