Budget Motor Inn
US$60
US$144
US$119
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point(Fort Montgomery)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$159
Hotels.com
FairBridge Inn & Suites(Highland Falls)
US$139
Hotels.com
Americas Best Value Inn(Central Valley)
US$105
West Point Motel(Highland Falls)
US$120
James Motel(Monroe)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
The Thayer Hotel(West Point)
US$209
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The room was not clean. Nor was it ever cleaned while we were there. No coffee, paper thin towels. The other "guests" were a little scary looking. The TV, however, was excellent. It would be worth your drive and your dollars to find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This was the least expensive in the area. Location was pretty good. Walking distance to some good food choices. Our room had a microwave and fridge (good thing, the restaurant we went too had huge portions!). No coffee, no wifi, only a couple of towels.
No maid service the second day. Room was ok, bed rather hard. BUT, 24 hr gas station food mart across the street, so coffee etc. readily available.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016

My husband and I stayed for 1 night. Spend just for sleep. The room is dark, and it is not sufficient for reading because only 1 small light above bed. No coffee machine, no bath mat, and above shower curtain, a used hand towel was sitting. The curtain and blind seemed to be never changed since it's open. The wall is very thin, and can hear the next room's bathroom usage like in your room. Can hear TV noise from the next room, too. 1 queen bed, 2 soft pillows. But we paid only $65, and what can we say. Check in was super fast and the attendance was nice.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2014

This motel is horrible. We stayed in room #53 and was filthy dirty! There was not even on picture on the wall. The bathroom was horrible and they only gave us 2 very tiny towels. DO NOT stay on the first floor. The people above us woke up at 5:30 a.m. and were stoming around all morning. There is no insulation between the rooms. You hear everything! Very disapointed....Just disgusting!

Room Tip: don't stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Carol F
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel twice this summer, and it was a decently pleasant surprise.
I own a bed and breakfast upstate and I know what to look for in a hotel room, and how to tell if it is clean and fit or not.
The bed was comfortable and conducive to sleep and the linens were clean, the hotel staff was friendly and quickly solved our minor problems with a smile.
The air conditioning unit in both rooms was exceedingly efficient, case in point: we turned it on and in ten minutes the room was freezing cold, but switching to the heating setting warmed the room back up just as quickly.
The shower was spacious enough for us to co-shower as is our preference, and the nozzle on the shower gave us a wide and voluminous spray of water that easily allowed both of us to rinse, lather and repeat with no effort or shuffling around awkwardly.
The carpets were clean, parking was decent, and the television worked the first time.
The sink heated and cooled water perfectly.
And the room was blessedly free of any sort of pests or rodents.
The location is perfect for where we needed to be, right in the center of town, easy access to restaurants, information, gas stations (one right across the street actually!) and within a stone's throw of the location we needed to be the next day.
Parking is also free in a very decent sized parking lot.

That all being said there are some minor issues to discuss:
On our first stay there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, a problem that the staff quickly rectified for us.
There are only two body towels and one hand towel in the room, not enough for a couple, but enough for a single person, and there is no bath mat to speak of. Coming out of a shower onto a cold tile floor while soaking wet is a slightly precarious position.
There is no provided water or cups in the room, though I did not expect this at such a low price.
On our second stay the television remote had no batteries, not an issue for us as we aren't big television watchers anyway, but could be a problem for others.
Again, there were only the three towels in the room so I recommend that you bring your own, and the soap/shampoo is only in little liquid pouches roughly the size of a McDonalds ketchup pouch, so again, pack your own toiletries.
The staff is very friendly, but requires several promptings on what you are asking for before complying with your request. This isn't so much a problem as they are newly citizens of this country, but it can be frustrating to deal with someone who does not speak your language very well if you aren't forewarned of this issue.
The wifi, while free, is horrendously slow and we resorted to using cellular data on our phones instead of our accompanying iPad and MacBook.

As I stated before, my wife and I own and operate a bed and breakfast/Inn in upstate New York, a family business that I inherited from my parents when they retired. The hotel and hospitality business has been my life's work for the past twenty two years and I grew up around it. From experience, this is not so much a romantic getaway so much as it is an "it'll do" motel for someone on the go, or a new couple to meet up and have a tryst at.
It's not what I would provide to my guests, but it is far from horrible.
Those things all said, we booked the newest rooms in the place, they were put aside in a different building, and made to look more like a honeymoon suite (ish) than a crappy cubicle-style hotel room cut from a cookie cutter mold of every other cheap hotel room ever built and rented.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple