“Good for the price and locale.”

Howard Johnson Inn Suffern
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
Reviewed 21 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I had booked 2 rooms, one at 95 and another one at $90. When I arrived at the hotel, the 95 became $115 while the 90 remained the same. Explanation by the front desk : "You did not talk to us." Whom did I talk to ? The same Visa card was used for both rooms.
On top of it, the girl not only forced me to pay right away, but refused also to give me a receipt. Never heard anything like that .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
dipatrip G, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

I hope this notes finds well. We have sent your feedback to the personnel concerned. I apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally.+

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend to visit some old friends. Wasn't the first time I came here, but noticed my room was refurnished, while staff were more efficient. Also appreciated that the manager recognized me as a regular customer; Overall positive stay!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
dipatrip G, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel. Hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Breakfast is average, room is big, safe was left locked. Bathroom smells urine, cleaned it but still smells urine. Front desk are ok.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. Please email us with a phone number so we can discuss your issues personally.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel never disappoints me, rooms are always comfortable and clean. They have upgraded the wifi system with faster speed and I have stayed at other hotel this wifi beats all. Breakfast is nice and hot in the morning. Overall this hotel always beats my expectations.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
dipatrip G, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
0.4 km away
Comfort Suites
#5 of 8 in Mahwah
7.3 km away
Days Inn Nanuet Spring Valley

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Suffern? Share your experiences!