“Worth the price”
Review of The Fish Friar

The Fish Friar
Ranked #32 of 779 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Description: Our mission is to bring super-fresh, wild-caught seafood from the coast of Maine to Syracuse, combining culinary flair with thoughtfully curated wines, exclusive craft beer and an inviting New York City-style atmosphere.
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

This is downtown, but we didn't have any problem finding parking. Small resturant, great service super clean and inviting. We opted to eat outside. Daily fresh seafood, scallops were huge and cooked perfectly. My dining partners had different po boy sandwiches, all raved about them.

Date of visit: May 2018
Derek S, General Manager at The Fish Friar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Debbie, you hit on the exact things we strive for every day (the cleanliness, the service, etc.). Nothing makes us more proud than see our efforts pay off in an enjoyable customer experience!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The concept of the restaurant is clear: small menu with a good selection of fresh fish. However, once you've visited the place twice you've eaten most of what's good. Choices are mostly broiled or fried so it's a little pricey ($75 for 3) and a bit heavy on the stomach. Beer selection a bit obscure. Now, the service... I've been there twice and both times I've felt service is lacking. They could make it a bit more welcoming and kind. Too hipster for their own good.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

First time ever having mushy peas and they are delicious and super flavorful. I highly recommend the friend calamari and any specials they have. Love how fresh the seafood is everyday! Go and enjoy!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 May 2018

My family finally had a chance to visit the Fish Friar and was not disappointed. I highly recommend the shrimp po boy and the smashed peas. My kids loved the special, lobster mac and cheese. Convenient parking. Atmosphere was charming, staff very friendly and helpful. I was able to sample a few of their craft beers and enjoyed them all. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank dawnvale
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Fish Friar is the perfect blend of comfortable atmosphere, delicious food, great beer and awesome staff! Their beer tasting events are fun and popular; great ways to make new friends. Their lobster roll is the best I've had outside New England and rocks my world every time! I love how straightforward their menu is, and even though it can be a bit packed sometimes, I love love love their space! I feel like it adds to the vibe of the restaurant and is a telltale sign that it's a good spot.

Date of visit: April 2018