“Best ribs I've had in a while”
Review of Limp Lizard

Limp Lizard
Ranked #63 of 778 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Home of mouth watering BBQ, icey cold ones and some of the best live music in Syracuse and Central New York.
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Ordered a 2 way, rubs and chicken (I've been in a chicken mood, probably should have tried the brisket, it looked outstanding as well).

Had it with jalapeno corn bread and red hot chili as sides, all was truly outstanding, especially the ribs. Extremely tender, best I've had in ages.

I would not hesitate to come back.

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

Been there every time I drive through Syracuse. Better than the dinosaur BBQ. Nicer atmosphere- not so noisy and boisterous. More family oriented but yet still good for couples/date night. Friendly staff. Glasses that match each brand of beer. Large portions. Worth your time!!

Reviewed 20 June 2015

I grew up in Syracuse but live most of my adult life other places around the country. Often here for short visits and visited LL for the first time. I want to make it clear here that my order was to go.
I ordered 2 sandwiches - 1 pulled pork and 1 beef brisket. We asked for red skin pot salad, beans, roast corn and corn bread as sides. And one blueberry bread pudding for dessert. Each sandwich comes with 2 sides. Drink at bar was good, bartender was a wee bit unfriendly and order time to delivery at bar was very good.
Here is my review of the food from our home. Fairly good to avg meat. Oddly, we could almost not tell the difference from the pork to the beef . I have no idea how they smoke it. Final opinion from 2 of us - it was good not great. Barbecue sauce was totally non-descript; if i went back i would ask for hottest sauce available. Sides: red skin pot salad = excellent, bbeans= excellent, roast corn (pulled from ear) = good, corn bread = good. We ordered a a blueberry bread pudding but I can't review it because it still is in refridge. I would suggest however that some kind of custard sauce would be a better accompaniment than a caramel sauce but in all fairness, we haven't tried it yet.
I say that if you need a quick dinner to take home and barbecue is one of your favorites, this will more than satisfy your needs. But I would not take people from out of town here as it does not qualify as a good representative of CNY restaurants.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

Ordered the pulled pork and brisket platter with Mac and cheese and sweet potato fries. The meats were tender, juicy and very flavorful. The pork had just the right amount of smokey flavor. The brisket was very very tender and delicious. Sides were very tasty. The cornbread is amazing! Service was very good. We were seated right away and the food came out very quickly. Overall a great place for BBQ'!

Reviewed 21 December 2014

My Husband and I went there for Ribs. They were excellent. We both had a half rack, which comes with 2 sides. I had bean and sweet potato fries, very good. This was are first visit to Limp Lizard and wont be our last. If you are looking for Ribs, I would highly recommend this place and the prices are not bad either. My half rack was 13.99. The only draw back is that it is kinda a small place ( we ate at the one in village of Liverpool).