“Unplanned visit...awsome surprise here!”

Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 March 2012

As someone who travels often, Hotel Skler will be at the top of my list in Syracuse! From Scott in Maitenance, Jeff at the bar-aka, my Tea Guru, Stephanie at check in....and all the others at the front desk who always had a smile...Thanks for making me feel at home!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear CathyCarmel_NY,

We are so happy to hear we were able to make you feel at home. Please know your comments will be shared with all of our staff to enjoy. We are excited to have you as a part of our ever-growing family!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I thought this place was great. Very nice clean rooms, great service, and perfect location to the Carrier Dome. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Sweetlu4
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Sweetlu4,

Thank you for taking your time to write up such a positive review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I just stayed at the Hotel Skyler and was so pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this hidden gem. This newly renovated LEED certified hotel will take your breath away when you step inside. The stained glass windows and understated check in area create a beautiful calm environment which was indeed welcome after our lengthy car ride.

Our two queen bed room was spacious and beyond clean. We found everything we needed at hand. With every question we had the staff response was quick and friendly.

The off street parking was convenient and plentiful.

The only thing that would have made this perfect would be an included breakfast, but just head down the street to Funk 'n Waffles and you will be happy!

For the person who mentioned stairs upon arrival, not to worry - must have been eliminated with the renovation.

Thanks to Charles at the desk for making our stay perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank starbabytraveler

Dear starbabytraveler,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive experience at the Hotel Skyler. We set high standards for ourselves on exemplary guest service and are pleased to know that we exceeded them. Your review will be shared with Charles and rest of our staff to enjoy. We look forward to your return visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We loved our stay at the Hotel Skylar. Our room was clean and the decor was very modern.

The customer service at the hotel was phenomenal. We dealt with Courtney(at both the front desk and the bar) and she was amazing. She had the best recommendations on where to eat and what to visit. When we decided that a King bed may be a tight squeeze for three she did everything she could to get us into another room. (It wasn't possible in the end, but the bed was big enough just the same) She also offered to make us dinner reservations when we said we hadn't quite decided where to eat.

They let us park two cars without an extra charge and let us leave one in the lot past check out. We took the free shuttle to and from Armory Square 3 times and always had a GREAT experience with "Bruce from the Cuse"! His drives were just like being on a sightseeing tour.

Overall the hotel was great, but the amazing customer service we received really made our stay amazing. Thanks Bruce and Courtney!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kaitlyn S

Dear Kaitlyn S,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please know we have shared your comments with Courtney and Bruce. We are happy to hear they were able to make your stay such a positive experience. We look forward to your return the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here one night while dropping my daughter off for the start of her semester at SU. In the past, I have stayed at the Sheraton when I wanted to be close to the campus. But the rates there were outrageous for the night in question, so I decided to give the Skyler a try. I was impressed. The person at the front desk was exceptionally nice when I checked in. I got a room on the third floor. As others have mentioned, it was a bit strange to run into stairs in the hall, since you have to carry you suitcases down or up these stairs. That didn't matter to me, since my bag was small, but might be a concern for someone with a heavy bag.

I didn't find the heating unit to be particularly loud. In fact, I would put the room down as one of the quieter ones I have stayed in. Maybe the AC unit seems to be loud when it kicks in because the room is so quiet otherwise.

I didn't buy anything in the shop downstairs or hit the bar. There's really no need to do that, because Marshall Street is just a short walk away. That wasn't much of a problem on my trip, even though it was just five degrees (F) outside the night I arrived.

All-in-all, I was impressed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TigerBait
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear TigerBait,

Thank you for your impressive review, we are pleased to hear we exceeded you expectations. We look forward to being your hotel of choice on your next visits to the area.

Best Regards,