“Visiting my son at Syracuse University ”

Delmonico's Italian Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 728 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We could not get into the regular Syracuse places for dinner on a Monday night in Syracuse. It was suggested to go to Delmonico's for steak. It was a great choice. We ordered the classic Delmonico's rib eye for $28.00 which was cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of seasoning. The sides were very good and reasonably priced. They garlic potatoes, the Caesar salad were good. The crab cake was delicious. All at a great price if you order the main steak. We split the steak which was enough for my wife and I. My son had the full steak and the sides. I recommend this steak place and it is extremely reasonable.

1  Thank frankdaddy

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We sat at the bar so we could play quick draw. We order drinks from Liz who was awesome all through our experience. My wife ordered Utica greens for us as an appetizer and she ordered The Delmonico and 1 1/2 pound steak with baked potato there signature item. I ordered the Gorgonzola Salmon with risotto. Everything was absolutely delicious. Liz was awesome. We have never had a bad meal here. Highly recommended it.

1  Thank ATMGUY63
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Every time we are in the Syracuse area visiting family we make it a point to try and get to Delmonico's. Nice friendly atmosphere, a great menu and very large portions. The veal parm is a personal favorite of ours and the steaks are wonderful!

1  Thank JLA311330
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Came in for a steak dinner and it was excellent. Very nice decor, casual dining, great wine & drink menu and the menu was extensive. Started with calamari which had a nice spicy sauce and was prepared perfectly. We ordered two steak specials, one medium rare and another medium and they were spot on. Nice presentation. Ordered a cheesecake to go which was great. Our waitress Kara couldn't have been better. Very professional, knowledgeable and attentive. Four thumbs up from us.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Delmonico's is neither the best steakhouse nor the best Italian restaurant in the Syracuse area, but you can still get a very good meal there.

For starters, my wife had a house salad and it was a nice mix of greens, quite good. I had the zuppa di stracciatella and enjoyed it. Stracciatella is supposed to be a kind of egg drop soup but this version was more like a wedding soup; just the same, there was plenty of meat, pasta and vegetables and I was satisfied.

I had the 9 ounce filet mignon for my main course, and it was cooked perfectly to medium doneness, as I had ordered. The meat was tender and flavorful, and while I've had better filets, I was happy with this one. My wife had angel hair pasta with meatballs, and the meatballs were quite large. Her plate of food was large enough to bring home some for another meal.

While we did not order baked potatoes for ourselves, we observed some going by on their way to other tables and they ranged from large to huge.

We both observed that the food could have been more aggressively seasoned, and leaned slightly to the bland side. However, it was still quite good.

We shared a tartufo (ice cream in a chocolate shell) for dessert, and it was excellent. Warning: This is not something you'll want to order just for yourself after a big meal; be prepared to share it as it is large.

The service was good and responsive to our needs. The prices were somewhat high, but not too excessive given the quality of the meal.

There was plenty of parking when we were there on a Wednesday evening, and the restaurant is handicap accessible. They do accommodate children.