“bustling even on a Saturday in January at 2, but still excellent”

Eva's European Sweets
Ranked #10 of 725 Restaurants in Syracuse
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We stopped here for a late lunch, and had the golubki, pieorogi (2 different kinds), and potato pancakes with the warm green beans, leek salad, and more sauerkraut on the side. I had a dark Russian beer to go with it. This place has amazing food and friendly, prompt service. One of the best restaurants in Syracuse, in my opinion. We ended up taking food home; I also wish I'd gotten the sweet cheese pierogi--next time!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This is a delightful place . Authentic Polish fare ,which is excellent .
Beautiful museum like decor . I love all that I see .

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I've been absent from Eva's for a while and missed it alot. The very best polish beer selections around. Four of us overdid it ordering golumpki, perogy, potato pancakes, croquettes, beets and kielbasa. We had no take-home. Normally we get dessert but skipped it this time as we were sated. Eva's is simply one of the very best restaurants in Syracuse. Great menu, super service, nice atmosphere and fantastic food. Since there were four of us, this gets an eight thumbs up.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We saw them on tv and said we needed to know what it was about. A local fav in the side of Syracuse...Solvay
It was more than what was expected. We wanted to try everything. This potato cakes were really awesome. My niece loved the gnocchi. And the meat sauce with the potato cakes...just too amazing to top it off

We live around the corner so we go often. And worth the block and a half walk.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

There is only on street parking, which is annoying, but once you get inside, what a darling place! It looks like a big old fashioned parlor in a grandma's house, with knickknacks, bits of antique looking furniture, and dozens of small framed pictures on the walls. The bar/counter is right up front there, and though the front is small, there were several small tables scattered around. There may be other rooms, but we didn't see them, we were right near the lace-curtained front window.....The menu is Polish and Eastern European food, heavy on the sauerkraut, bacon, and onions, the menu is quite extensive! We came for lunch and ordered potato pierogies with bacon and sauerkraut, and I had potato pancakes - Hungarian Placki - with a meat, tomato,and peppers topping, and sour cream. It was DIVINE! A wonderful mixture of sweet/sour/hot/cool ,tangy sauce topping crunch edged potato pancakes. The best tasting restaurant food I have had in a long time. I can't speak highly enough of it. There is a small children's menu, and a huge selection of imported beers in bottles - Polish, Russian, German, and Ukrainian beers. I am told there are desserts to die for, but we didn't see them, they were in a case in the back of the room. Service was a little bit slow, but on a warmish mid-week afternoon, it was no problem. I hope to go back and at least get some of the many interesting dishes for takeout. Several kinds of pierogies, kielbasa, cabbage rolls, daily specials (that day: dill pickle soup!) . Delicious food, and different, I highly recommend this charming little place.