“So much potential...and”

Ranked #439 of 708 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I went there a few days ago.. with tons of hope ,and no prejudice. I am open to all kinds of food, simple , genuine .
But , unfortunately my experience at this place was so unsettling . The place has so much potential ,
The people selling the food are not professional, the chicken sandwich i asked for , had some kind of weird meat that was anything , but chicken, and it was so salty i had to throw it out.
I also ordered some chicken stew, and that was not bad , it needs some improvement , and less salt.
The people preparing the food behind some wall , just talk and talk , and the sandwich requested took half and hour to be prepared to come saggy , and mediocre.
Their Cuban sandwich , is a poor and gross copy of a real cuban sandwich , that is usually well grilled , not greasy , has no ham in it .
I will never return to that place , nor i will recommend it to any of my friends.
I just don't understand why a place with so much potential ,has people working that have no credentials to produce a better environment for people that ,all they want is to taste genuine latino food , prepared by people with a more professional attitude than talking a weird dialect ,and laughing on the face of people that comes from different background., and serving that food.

1  Thank khalinka

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Delicious, fast, authentic; knowledgeable employees; will keep ordering and highly recommend to others

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Heard about this spot from a friend. The food was good and there was plenty to choose from. The place was clean and the lady at the counter was friendly. I would go there again.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

This is a family run place that serves very authentic Latin food in the style of several Caribbean countries. It's small, they are a bit disorganized and the menu is too large but the food is the star here and they are very nice accommodating people. I would be more apt to order takeout than eat in. While everything I've had here is good (the tostones are excellent) the star of this place is the fried bone-in chicken. It's one of the best, if not the best I've had and I'm a fried chicken connoisseur. The cut it into small pieces, marinate it and fry it until it is super crisp but also very moist. It doesn't have a coating like traditional chicken and it doesn't need one. Seriously, if I owned this place, I would cut the menu way down and promote the fried chicken. I could see people and college students (They are near SU) walking out of here all day long with buckets of the stuff. My girlfriend us Puerto Rican from NYC and she loved the food.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

This place is a unique place to sit a spell and enjoy some good Spanish food! I love the Plantains, Yellow rice and their Chicken Stew! And you get to enjoy The Westcott Street Culture too! Visit this place real soon!