“Lovely lunch!”

Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Meet the Business Owner: Miguel- Manuel - Established in 2013 Madeira, a beautiful Portuguese island and inspiration for the atmosphere of the newly opened Bistro 12 in Tarrytown. Life-long friends who have, at long last, created their dream restaurant. Jose Manuel Goncalves Pereira and Luis Miguel Rodrigues have known each other since the age of 17, so it's hardly surprising that Bistro 12 evokes the landscape of their youth. Fans of Caravela will recognize Manuel, nicknamed "MADEIRA" from his 24-year stint there. MIGUEL years at Polpo, the popular upscale Italian restaurant in Greenwich,Connecticut They have created their own unique bistro establishment, given this amiable team the knowledge and skills to provide a warm, welcoming and gracious atmosphere dedicated to providing a genial dining experience for their customers. Miguel Rodrigues' artwork is the product of a life-long passion. You will see memories of his country come alive - the markets, families, city and country scenes he loves. Enjoying a variety of painting styles, he has produced over 1500 works of art in his Yonkers studio, and has chosen the most evocative paintings with which to decorate the walls of his newest venture.
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

After a wonderful visit to Kykuit in Sleepy Hollow, we decided to have lunch at Bistro 12. My husband and I both had the Lobster Bisque and the Seafood Risotto. Both were delicious! The bisque was tasty--light, yet satisfying. The risotto was creamy with plenty of seafood in it. We ended our meal with the lemon tart and cappuccinos. Service was good in a friendly atmosphere. We'd go back again the next time we are visiting up there.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Service is a high point of this small but excellent restaurant. Good wines accompany really well cooked food, sardines and a veal dish were especially good, and this quality is reflected in its popularity, do book.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

3* purely on attitude and service from I guess the owner of the establishment.

Let's start from the beginning we were looking for a place to eat in Sleepy Hollow/Tarrytown after we visited the Rockefeller estate. This wasn't our primary spot but after we arrived at Bridgeview and were told that the wait is an hour and a half for a table we decided to look for alternatives so we called around and this place was able to accommodate 7 people, which we thought to be great. My husband was asked if we had any children with us and I told them that we had 3 14, 11, and 2 and was told this was fine.

As it turned out having a toddler is not fine especially a cranky one because 1 they don't have high chairs and 2 they don't allow children of that age for ... I am not sure exactly what the reason is but as soon as we sat down and my 2 year old daughter who was pretty tired and hungry started crying I was basically was asked to leave because the child was bothering other customers. When I looked around the room noone seemed to be bothered in the slightest and all the conversations and meals continued as they were before. Further I was told that they don't allow children in the establishment (I am guessing they don't allow children under 5-7?) because there was a couple with 2 boys one of whom was 11 and the other about 5 so something was amiss.

We told him that when we called no one said that toddlers were not allowed and my husband told him the ages of the kids so he said that we should make her stop bothering the customers (no one was even looking in our direction) we asked for some bread and once she had some food in her she became calm and happy.

The food I cannot say a bad thing about it was masterfully done and presented and though it wasn't your haut cuisine it was definitely tasty and prepared well to the specification of the client. I can't say a bad word about the service either save that of the initial encounter and necessity to bring a stroller into the small restaurant.

1  Thank Alena V
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Great food, expertly prepared and served. Nice, cozy atmosphere with good and attentive service. The personal attention from the owner was not only for the regulars (as we initially thought) - you get it even on your very first visit. The place is decorated with his own (very good) paintings. Destined to become our favorite in the area.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Wonderful innovative menu! Fast friendly service, fund cocktails and drink selections. Clean, charming, centrally located. I highly recommend bistro 12.